School districts dealing with budget shortfalls

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Re: School districts dealing with budget shortfalls

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:32 pm

Because this wasn't trying to stir emotions and pit taxpayers against the teachers. :roll:

If you say it wasn't then, well, you're a moron.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:More of their divide and conquer strategy.

The Lord loves a workin' man.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:30 pm

snoqueen wrote:Here's another report of the after-effects of Act 10, this one from New Berlin, where it comes in the wake of years of difficult relations between teachers and administration:

OK, let's see if this is an actual adult discussion or just some infantile leftist democrat dribble.

New Berlin's departing staff members cite concerns that are difficult to quantify; most have little to do with paying more for retirement or benefits.

OMG!! Is it too early to cue the clown cars to circle your 'news'?
Government unionist teachers left their jobs and "cite concerns", but they are "difficult to quantify"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You leftists running the New Democrat Party are much more effective in your BS by not alluding to some, vague, general and totally inverified and admittedly unqantifable BS.

Stick to what you new democrats do best--invoke "the children" as ya'll pad your taxpayer funded fantasy island lifestyle and lavish benefit package.

Here ya go.... Image

Or could these government employees that left their cushy government union jobs, do so so they could keep their cadillac benefit plan in 'retirement', the go back to their same job, now that they're "retired" and work at their old job, double dipping?

Gotta love exposing the outright lies of the new democrat party.

As a fine example of the Democrat Party, thank you for posting.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:34 pm

when you stick to one sentence arguments/POVs, if more than half of it is little more than a bumpersticker, it can be good for you. I guess this is yet another example of why most of the time, government maintains incompetent, clock watching lifetime employees, counting the days until they can actually sleep and goof off for good, all the while collecting great checks and cadillac heal insurance plans for life.

If we run out of money for you people, who else should we go after in your name?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Cornbread wrote:

when you stick to one sentence arguments/POVs, if more than half of it is little more than a bumpersticker, it can be good for you.

Another example of a bunch of English words strung together that somehow manage to make no sense.

I love reading this guy's stuff!

Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:02 am

Stebben84 wrote:
Earthling wrote:Perhaps our disagreement lies in that I don't feel there was any mis-representation of teachers' salaries and benefit packages.

Because you probably think teachers make too much. Well, whatever you make is too much. Doesn't matter how much that is, it's just too much. I don't need a reason just like you never really have one for anything you post. You have some of the most factless opinions of anyone on this forum.

Funny, but I don't seem to recall me ever arguing that teachers make too much money. You may have heard me argue from time to time that state employees used to have benefits that cost way too much, and perhaps some of less skilled state employees are overpaid. That's about it.

But go right ahead believing what you will. I've got the world's smallest violin playing just for the teacher's in your honor.

Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:13 am

Stebben84 wrote:Because this wasn't trying to stir emotions and pit taxpayers against the teachers. :roll:

If you say it wasn't then, well, you're a moron.

Certainly a less shameful tactic than democrats were attempting with the list outlining which of your neighbors do and don't vote. Perhaps if the teachers weren't sending a message to our kids that it's ok to lie, cheat, and steal as long as your "rights" are being threatened this divisivness wouldn't have been so prevelant.

But yeah, when it comes right down to it I imagine that there are many out there who are struggling that look at state employees and don't feel overly bad for them. They have been living high on the hog forever, and now we're supposed to feel bad for the fact that they have to contribute to their own retirement benefits? Sorry. Those of us who live in the real world know they don't have it quite as bad as they project.

But hey if you are a teacher and you believe the grass to be truly greener on the private sector side of things give it a shot. I imagine you'll be back in the classroom before long.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:37 am

pjbogart wrote:Are you honestly going to sit there and claim that Republicans don't demonize government union employees as being lazy, overpaid union thugs?

It's my understanding that now, in Wisconsin, most of the lazy overpaid union thugs have voluntarily retired and half of the SEIU union members have chosen not to pay their union dues now that they are no longer coerced to do so.

Bert Ernie
Forum Addict

Postby Bert Ernie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:08 am

Earthling wrote:But hey if you are a teacher and you believe the grass to be truly greener on the private sector side of things give it a shot. I imagine you'll be back in the classroom before long.

So why aren't you pursuing a career in teaching? If it is such a grand existence?

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:12 am

Earthling wrote: They have been living high on the hog forever

See, that's it right fucking there. You have no idea what you're talking about. Somewhere, somehow it was repeated enough times that state employees were living this extravagant lifestyle. Total. Fucking. Bullshit. Are there some that make more than they should. Sure. It's like that EVERYWHERE.

Earthling wrote: Sorry. Those of us who live in the real world know

Fuck off. Where do you come off saying public sector employees don't live in a "real world" This is the stupid divisiveness that people are talking about. Somehow it's us vs. them and you're playing right into it.

Meade wrote:most of the lazy overpaid union thugs

What do you do except troll on this forum you lazy fuck.

Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:35 am

Stebben84 wrote:Where do you come off saying public sector employees don't live in a "real world"

People in the real world don't riot in the streets just because they have to pay a little bit towards their own health insurance.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:44 am

Peanutbutter wrote:People in the real world don't riot in the streets

Fucking lies and distortions. Nice job.

Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:26 pm

See, that's it right fucking there. You have no idea what you're talking about. Somewhere, somehow it was repeated enough times that state employees were living this extravagant lifestyle. Total. Fucking. Bullshit. Are there some that make more than they should. Sure. It's like that EVERYWHERE.

No one said anything about an extravagant lifestyle. State employees had primo benefits and enjoy great job security. Unions protected bad employees for decades under the old system.

And btw what makes you so sure I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about? Are you aware that my brother is a teacher? My grandmother was a teacher? I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Do you?

Fuck off. Where do you come off saying public sector employees don't live in a "real world" This is the stupid divisiveness that people are talking about. Somehow it's us vs. them and you're playing right into it.

Public sector employees are a bit naive when it comes to how cut throat the real world is. No question. Teachers complain about knick knacky unquantifiable bs 24/7, all the while enjoying their tenure, great benefits, and summers off.

Why am I not a teacher? I suppose the answer is that I chose a different path when I was younger, and at this point earn more than a teacher would. It wasn't always the case though, and I believe that many (not ALL mind you) teachers have this chip on their shoulder as if the world owes them something.

I find some teachers with this type of attitude are also the ones who are leaving the building as the kids do, giving scan-tron multiple choice tests vs. actually forcing the kids to write, and generally coasting through the 175 days of instruction (you realize that's like not even half the year right?) until summer arrives. All the while blaming the administrators and parents for the fact that they can't get the kids to learn.

My newphew is in a 7th grade class in Madison. He has 46 kids in his class and 3 full time teachers for this one huge class. Why is this class not split up? I showed up at the school one day as I was on that side of town and my sister had forgetten to give him money for some school dance or something. I walked in the classroom and one teacher was standing at the front instructing with most of the lights out writing on an overhead projector. The other was sitting in the back doing paperwork, and the third wasn't even in the room. No wonder our schools are failing.

But you keep right on preaching that the problem with our schools lie with the policy makers downtown. It's not that simple.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Earthling wrote:My newphew is in a 7th grade class in Madison. He has 46 kids in his class and 3 full time teachers for this one huge class. Why is this class not split up? I showed up at the school one day as I was on that side of town and my sister had forgetten to give him money for some school dance or something. I walked in the classroom and one teacher was standing at the front instructing with most of the lights out writing on an overhead projector. The other was sitting in the back doing paperwork, and the third wasn't even in the room. No wonder our schools are failing.

Well, based upon your real life experience, the problem is clearly that the teachers are overpaid and the school is overfunded. If we were to massively cut education spending, I think you'd find your nephew's educational progress improve a great deal.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Earthling wrote:No one said anything about an extravagant lifestyle.

Earthling wrote:But yeah, when it comes right down to it I imagine that there are many out there who are struggling that look at state employees and don't feel overly bad for them. They have been living high on the hog forever

Do you even remember things you write?

Earthling wrote:Public sector employees are a bit naive when it comes to how cut throat the real world is. No question.

Jeebus Christ you just keep doing it. Says fucking who that they're naive. YOU? Don't you think a lot of public employees have also worked in the private sector.

Earthling wrote: Are you aware that my brother is a teacher? My grandmother was a teacher?

Both pretty naive then. Ever tell your grandmother she's naive.

Earthling wrote:Why am I not a teacher?

Cause you're a moron.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”