Can someone explain this picture to me?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Can someone explain this picture to me?

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:03 am

wack wack wrote:Another thing the map tells me: somebody in a red county needs to explain to me why I should continue to give a damn about family farms and the struggles they face.

Or conversely, why should people outside of dane county (and milwaukee) give a fecal matter about them other than those two, dane mostly, are real parasitic sponges, taking money from working families all over the state and laundering those funds there.

It would be nice to reverse the leftist thought that has infested governance at all levels--more control at the local level instead of some far away, corrupt (or weird in madison's case) place.

The people in madison know very little about what happens outside of madison anyway.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:09 am

Francis Di Domizio wrote:To be fair, at some point the election stopped being about Act 10 and started being about what a dick Walker is, and how he might be under investigation.

I didn't know Gov. Walker was a "dick". Do you have examples?

Good call on the "why" of it as both ways barrett used Gov. Walker's reforms, and then some--which is why union money went to falk instead of barrett, btw.

He couldn't run on jobs or cutting taxes or being better for schools because, well, he's a democrat and the proof of failure of their policies is, well, milwaukee. Without a huge slush fund of taxpayer dollars, they're pretty much toast. OK, they always fare quite well--their charges are toast.

So that left the only thing the dems could run on--democrat DA's fishing expedition of Gov. Walker.....an investigation that Gov. Walker himself initiated and asked for. Silly him though, he trusted a milwaukee democrat.

To those that backed Walker, it was just a simple case of facts to follow and those facts directly affected their wallets every month, so it was an easy choice.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:18 am

Rich Schultz wrote:That's a lovely image, liberals speeding through the northern night, windows rolled up tight, desperately hoping the car doesn't run out of gas.

:lol: Leftists are pretty pathetic, aren't they.
Wanna bet those same liberals driving waaay up north are the same ones that rant and rave about how we need to use more mass transit, how we need to conserve energy and how "big oil" is ruining the world.

I guess this is why they're against any mining up there--they want to keep their playground all to themselves for their week(end) getaways.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:26 am

Bland wrote:
Cornbread wrote:IV League school

priceless

Thanks.....ya'll leftists' ignorance and arrogance on constant display really is priceless.

For normal people out there, if ya didn't know this, a bit of cocktail conversation for ya'll:

The Ivy League originally had only 4 schools, Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Columbia, thus the use of the roman numeral IV. They were also called "Ivy" as over time, the ivy grew upon them.

Unfortunately, now mostly what grows on them is intellectual stagnation as they are infested with leftists.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:25 am

Cornbread wrote:
Bland wrote:
Cornbread wrote:IV League school

priceless

Thanks.....ya'll leftists' ignorance and arrogance on constant display really is priceless.

Priceless.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:38 am

Cornbread wrote:
wack wack wrote:Another thing the map tells me: somebody in a red county needs to explain to me why I should continue to give a damn about family farms and the struggles they face.

Or conversely, why should people outside of dane county (and milwaukee) give a fecal matter about them other than those two, dane mostly, are real parasitic sponges, taking money from working families all over the state and laundering those funds there.

Once again, struggling to get through your shining example of our nation's education failures, I think what you're trying to say is, "why should people outside of Dane county care about Dane county?"

To which the answer is: they already don't, and that's the problem. They refuse to look beyond their own noses. They refuse to think deeper than what Walker's ads feed them.

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:54 am

How are you coming along with your own education wack wack? Did you ever get that pesky economics figured out? Any idea how wealth is created and why that is important to know?

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 am

Comrade wrote:How are you coming along with your own education wack wack? Did you ever get that pesky economics figured out? Any idea how wealth is created and why that is important to know?

Name the time and place, I'd be happy to school you.

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 am

Right here and now. Go ahaead!

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 am

Comrade wrote:Right here and now. Go ahaead!

I wouldn't embarrass anyone like that, and if your ability to understand economics is even half as bad as your spelling, it would be embarrassing and pointless for you.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:37 am

wack wack wrote:
Comrade wrote:Right here and now. Go ahaead!

I wouldn't embarrass anyone like that, and if your ability to understand economics is even half as bad as your spelling, it would be embarrassing and pointless for you.

http://basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2010/10/19/how-to-bring-it.html

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:40 am

So your offer and agreement to engage me on this was not sincere?

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 am

Boy that was a quick backtrack. In the future, don't make offers if you are not willing to follow up if they are accepted. It doesn't help your credibility.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:17 am

Comrade wrote:Boy that was a quick backtrack. In the future, don't make offers if you are not willing to follow up if they are accepted. It doesn't help your credibility.

Oh boy you got me. It is your opinion of my credibility that I am so concerned about.

What do you need explained, Comrade? How the wealthy grow wealthier as ground-loss for everyone else accelerates? How the more wealth you have, the less you worked for it? How less personal gain means less business growth? How it is completely unjustified for a CEO to make over 100x the amount he pays his employees that are doing actual work at his company? How the corporate idea that "leadership" is more valuable than "work" is completely absurd?

What is it Comrade? What don't you understand?

if you're going to try to respond with the same old GOP talking points, save it. they are the problem, not the solution.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 pm

The more wealth you have the less you worked for it?

Does water run uphill on Planet Madison?

Return to “Local Politics & Government”