Can someone explain this picture to me?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Can someone explain this picture to me?

Postby scratch » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:16 am

jjoyce wrote:Being an idiot or a self-righteous bore isn't against the rules.

But are they co-equal?

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:28 am

Cornbread wrote:
wack wack wrote:
Cornbread wrote:But then again, this is all about whose money it is in the first place............private property or "communal"?

Caesar gets paid first. You have no claim to "your" money until after Caesar gets his.

Now you're closing in on logic. :D We can actually have a discussion/debate when people act like adults and do that. :D

I agree with you here. I think people at the end of each month should pay their taxes. This means they get their full gross pay each check, then as the write out their bills, they can pay one of their bills--taxes/fica.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize your intellectual inadequacy extended to not knowing what "first" means.

First means FIRST, before all others. People don't have to pay taxes at the end of the month because their tax responsibility has already been satisfied. Caesar FIRST, then you.

The gross is NEVER yours. The sooner you and your brain-dead con-patriots figure this out, the sooner we can all get to fixing America.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:09 pm

DCB wrote:
snoqueen wrote:Example: on Monday he implied that a janitor at the UW would betting rich off the 5.5% tuition, a position he refuted today.

For being such self proclaimed "educated" folks, ya'll sure do miss a lot.
I'll help ya'll out here:
You implied that.....I didn't. Is said all the continual 5 plus percent increases in tuition of the last 5 years in the UW system is going for paying for the lavish pension and health care for life packages of the government unionists.

Minor technicality--takes a little education to understand that. :D

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:14 pm

pjbogart wrote:
lukpac wrote:Yeah, mine too, and I have to admit at times I get curious and click the "display this post"

You risk getting kicked out/shunned by the (ignorant) collective.

I also think people were burned at the stake when they even questioned the earth wasn't flat, so beware............

There was a time when Jason would quickly lose patience and send the cornbreads packing, but I suspect that the Althouse clicks have been profitable so he's letting it play out.

Yeah, either let other ideas penetrate the depleted uranium density of the collective here or, well, just die off, like the dinosaurs, but alone and isolated--voluntarily. At least the dinosaurs looked up when it started snowing and wondered...

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:19 pm

scratch wrote:But are they co-equal?

I've often wondered what the difference is between 'equal' and "co-equal".
Is the latter, 'equally equal'? Or a way to hyphenate it to show others how edumacated they is? Thumbs up for your use of it anyway.

john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby john_titor » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 am

I have read some of your posts, but have generally just moved on. From what I gather, outside of trying to sow discord among citizens it seems your main issue is taxation.

If I may, I have a couple of assumptions and then a question for you; I assume you work hard and due to this hard work are financially secure. My question for you; how much money do you need?

Proverbs 15:27
Proverbs 18:1
Proverbs 23:6
Proverbs 28:22
Proverbs 28:25
Isaiah 57:17
Matthew 23:25
Mark 8:36
Luke 12:15
Ephesians 5:3
Ephesians 5:5
Colossians 3:5
James 3:14-16
1 Peter 5:2

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 pm

My question for you, how much of my money does solar "expert" Van Jones need?

The issue isn't taxation you pious fools, it's overtaxation. Where in the bible does it say the rest of us are supposed to support Obama's bundlers and bunglers?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:02 pm

The problem is undertaxation. During the Bush administration the U.S. got involved in two wars and what did Bush do? He cut taxes, especially for the super rich and large, profitable corporations. This was unprecedented during wartime. As a result, we needed to borrow money to pay for those expensive wars. Much of our national debt is due to interest paid on those loans (many of those bonds held by China).

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:The problem is undertaxation. During the Bush administration the U.S. got involved in two wars and what did Bush do? He cut taxes, especially for the super rich and large, profitable corporations. This was unprecedented during wartime. As a result, we needed to borrow money to pay for those expensive wars. Much of our national debt is due to interest paid on those loans (many of those bonds held by China).
I believe the interest on the debt is close to 1/2 of the total. It's no small irony that the people who oppose higher taxes and big government actually voted for the 2 biggest spenders who also increased government powers and size beyond what was normal: Reagan and Bush Jr.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:43 pm

It's undertaxation. Going forward, it's also a matter of cutting the military. The biggest thing the military is doing for us today is keeping the unemployment rate down, and there's got to be a more productive way to do that right here at home. We're losing all these fine young people trying to rewire Afghanistan, it's not going to happen, and we're no more safe or secure because of it. The rest of the world has been smart enough to bow out of that losing proposition.

Military spending has conveniently been brushed under the rug in our discussions of our budget, and why should it be? We all know it's right there.

If we want to offer people the opportunity for military service, we should be finding things for them to do within our own borders.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 pm

john_titor wrote:From what I gather, outside of trying to sow discord among citizens it seems your main issue is taxation.

I guess my input here could seem to be like trying to foment discord, but that should seem a natural byproduct if my beliefs are not in lockstep with the masses here, especially when the masses are adamantly not open to any diversity of opinion/worldview.

Sort of like a person going into the catholic church in medieval spain and stating, "hey guys, the world isn't flat. I've sailed around the world a few times, so I just thought you would like to know it's not flat. May look it from here, but it's not flat".

I've discussed--or tried to--a few different subjects here, but the main topic of discussion since I've been here is indeed, 'taxes' because that's what powers the government, government unions, and the democrat party. All of those were the subject of all sorts of things in WI over the last 16 months.

If I may, I have a couple of assumptions and then a question for you; I assume you work hard and due to this hard work are financially secure.

Good to see we can have a civil, adult conversation. :D

I do work very hard, but unfortunately, I don't have a lot of money. I've had to re-invent myself a few times due to changes in technology, changes in market conditions, and finally, age. Now I have a wife who has become disabled, so that's another reason why I have buckled down ever further and worked even harder as I want to get her all set up so our house is very nice for her and is all paid off in 5 years. If anything happens to me after that, she'll be able to live here on her disability income. If I die in the next 10 years, she'll get a very nice insurance check.

I am and have been on my own for a very long time, I'd say my whole life. But this is not unique. This is the life of pretty much most working class people, with the exception of some unions and all government workers.

My question for you; how much money do you need?

As much as I can get. Doesn't sound good, does it?
If I can make $15/hour, should I take less? How about 25? Plumbers can make a few hundred per hour, but so can a dentist. Lawyers and doctors can make more.

I want to make as much as the market (people) are willing to pay me for what I do, sell, provide for them. They are the best indicator of my value.

Did you know that WI has the fourth highest gas/diesel tax in the nation? Every gallon pumped, 30 cents goes into the state's coffers. Throw in extremely high property taxes. Utility bills should be very high too. Some folks pay $400/month during winter.

The question the Tea Party asked in 2010 was, "how much is enough?" but to the government.

There cannot be individual freedom without individual economic freedom.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:My question for you, how much of my money does solar "expert" Van Jones need?

Excellent point.
The amount of blatant, high dollar nepotism/cronyism is outright frightening, but I'm not sure in what way, the amount itself or the voluntary indifference to it.

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:13 pm

snoqueen wrote:It's undertaxation.

Classic. Leftists always want to steal/confiscate more and more and more of other people's money.

The biggest thing the military is doing for us today is keeping the unemployment rate down,

Not really as right after we won the Cold War (thanks to Reagan), defense spending was sliced with a chain saw and more of the military responsibilities shifted to the reserves--ya know, the people that already had jobs. And of course, the US Military has kept up quite stringent recruiting standards, so they only take in a small portion of the people wanting to join.

We're losing all these fine young people trying to rewire Afghanistan

So you were then OK with Gulf War II (The liberation of Iraq)?

If we want to offer people the opportunity for military service, we should be finding things for them to do within our own borders.

I agree with that one--like securing our non-existent border with mexico would be a great start.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Cornbread wrote:The amount of blatant, high dollar nepotism/cronyism is outright frightening...

Does that apply to the eight years of Bush/Cheney or do you given them a pass? Despite the Republican mantra of Drill, Baby Drill, Bush the younger ended government leases around Florida when brother Jeb was governor, purely for political reasons. And with Cheney, the Iraq War and no bid government contracts with Halliburton. Do I need to say more?

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Cornbread wrote:The amount of blatant, high dollar nepotism/cronyism is outright frightening...

Does that apply to the eight years of Bush/Cheney or do you given them a pass?

OK, so now you move on past all I wrote above and pull out yet another bumpersticker thought from the left. (does it matter that I'm listening to Cat Stevens, 'peace train'? while I type this? Give me any cred? OK, I got tired of his ****, so moonshadow seems to be it.)

Speaking for myself, there's a lot that "Bush" did that I disagree with, both versions, 1 and 2. But I know for a fact that version 2 is a very, very good man.

So....YET AGAIN....I'll address some leftist tangent while ignoring stated things in the thread above.

What are you talking about?

"but if you wanna leave, just remember take good care
hope you make a lotta nice friends out there, just remember there's a lotta bad anywhere."

OK, so I switched to "wild world" as he got boring.
Yogi Berra said, "the future ain't what it used to be".
I guess also, "the past ain't as good as I remember it to be".

Despite the Republican mantra of Drill, Baby Drill,

I think that was after the second President Bush was in office, but time can smear if one doesn't have much of a perspective.

Bush the younger ended government leases around Florida when brother Jeb was governor, purely for political reasons.

And I and many other conservatives thought Bush Vers. II was wrong there. I know the leftists have been fixated upon President Bush (vers. II) since he ended the leftist boomer control, but seriously, don't you think it's time ya'll move on?
Zerobama is still running against President Bush and he's almost through with his presidency--literally.

Just how long does this proclaimed "change" take? :D

And with Cheney, the Iraq War

So enforcing the UN sanctions is a bad thing?
So what's the UN doing to end the syrian slaughter? Yup, retreated and huddled in buildings, wondering when the mean ol US of A will come in and bail them out. Or Rwanda--don't get me started on that miserable failure to freedom but successful money laundering machine called the uN.

and no bid government contracts with Halliburton.

One, I don't think there was a whole lotta time to put out RFQs (that's "request for quotes" for leftists) to get competitive bids together. Another thing is they were/are the only entity in the world that has the capability to logistically do what needed to be done. Do you think we should have looked at "Bubba's Well Drilling and Food Service and Bait and Tackle" too?

Changed to Rush, Working Man. Ever sneak into the drive in on 51, north of east wash? I saw Billy Jack there. Used to be a place where we could slip under the fence.

Do I need to say more?

No, but while I appreciate the conversation/discussion, you could do a little better staying on topic.

Ever listen to Aaron Tippen?

Return to “Local Politics & Government”