What I Learned on June 5th, 2012

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Re: What I Learned on June 5th, 2012

Postby Huckleby » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:
I'm not on a conservative message board telling people how wrong they are.

I might be.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:50 pm

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/m ... 963f4.html
“The Wisconsin Recall was about two echo chambers,” he wrote. “My friends, neighbors, and former colleagues in the cities of Madison and Milwaukee had strong and persuasive arguments about why Scott Walker has committed unforgivable sins. He slashed public services while he approved give-backs to his friends in business. He denied workers the right to bargain, drained public education and health institutions, and disdained peaceful student protesters. … My friends, neighbors, and former colleagues worked incredibly hard to unseat this evil man. They cannot understand why anyone would support such a terrible person.

“Many other Wisconsinites … cannot comprehend these heresies. Their perspective is more than a disagreement. It is an entirely different vision of the world. The recall advocates paint the state like Picasso with ominous colors and bright brush strokes; their opponents return to Norman Rockwell with virtuous, hardy, ordinary men and women, trying to make their way. … The unseen (Madison-centric) elites and dependents do not really work, they do not maintain good families, they do not go to church, and they do not love their country. They are leeches who have sold out the good American stock. They must be contained and reformed by simple and sincere ordinary men, like Scott Walker.”

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:Endless,hey?

Yes, you don't know when to STFU.

Is this a liberal message board? It's not labeled as such. I think it's called "The Daily Page." Oh.... I get it... "daily page"... almost sounds like "The Daily Worker." Duh!!
you seem like the kind of person who would seek to end a disagreement permanently. A bully mentality, which helps explain your gun lust. When the facts aren't on your side, your gun is... just like your temper.

npler
Forum Addict

Postby npler » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:41 am

jonnygothispen wrote:I'm not sure what exactly we've learned yet other than almost all of the money people were all in Walker's pocket, including the media. I'll state as a fact that WSJ was way beyond pathetic and threw the election to Walker with incessant lying in his favor.

I'd like to learn more about the unverifiable election results due to touch screen machines.

http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/2012/ ... hack-issue

There's something wrong with a system that allows 2 guys in a mall control the counting for 2,000 machines in 46 counties, and the mother-in-law of one of them is the sole programmer for it.

But I think the most important thing that could happen would be a resurgence of honest media.

No paper trail whatsoever?
Marksense ballots are the highest form of ballot that man & womankind have invented -- the postmortem verifiability of paper ballots circa 1890 and the speed of computers. Don't fix what is not broken, u 3l337 TRS-80 hax0r d00ds!

Return to “Local Politics & Government”