Goin' fishing, back in July

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Goin' fishing, back in July

Postby jman111 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 am

sallybell wrote:...can other folks who voted in the primary check to see if their voting record shows up, and report back?

My participation on May 8th ("At Polls") is accurately reflected on the site.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:49 am

Mine is up to date as well, maybe they just updated the database this weekend.

wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:18 am

Mine is up to date as well.

I didn't receive the mailing but my mother did and holy shit was she pissed. She even got on the internet and tracked down an email address to send in an angry complaint, no small feat if you consider her online skills. She too thought it was some kind of Rovian dirty trick since it had the United Steelworkers logo on it but nothing about them was apparently listed on the Greater Wisconsin page. I took a look at the mailer and it listed my father and nine other neighbors, none of whom I recognized but my parents apparently know. Two of the names were long out of date as the couple moved away but they apparently voted when they lived there in 2008.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:55 am

Mine is not up to date. Also not up to date: 1. the list that Bob, from WE ARE WISCONSIN, showed me when he came to my door on Friday and, 2. the list that Sue, from THE WISCONSIN DEMOCRATIC PARTY showed me when she came to my door on Saturday.

Wow, if these are GOP false flag operations, those evil Republicans are amazingly good at what they are doing - right down to hiring completely plausibly liberal Democratic operatives like Bob and Sue who look, talk, act, taste, and smell so much like quintessential Madison liberal Democrats that the Solidarity Singers themselves couldn't tell that they're fakes.

Freaky.

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Shame on union thugs

Postby lukpac » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 pm

pjbogart wrote:How do we know that these are "union thugs"? They sound a tad clandestine to me, and why would they include a United Steelworkers logo and then claim to be an independent organization? The United Steelworkers aren't shy about their political affiliation and their president regularly appears on the radio supporting Barrett.

Pretty sure that just means a USW 318 print shop printed it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_label

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Meade wrote:...right down to hiring completely plausibly liberal Democratic operatives like Bob and Sue who look, talk, act, taste, and smell so much like quintessential Madison liberal Democrats that the Solidarity Singers themselves couldn't tell that they're fakes.

Freaky.

Meade - I know your social skills are minimal, but if you're going to live here, please don't lick n' sniff randoms.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”