Goin' fishing, back in July

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Shame on union thugs

Postby Meade » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Vetcol

Postby Vetcol » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks for the mailing I'll make sure the 3 votes in my house go too Mr. Walker.
Again Thank You

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Shame on Meade for his hypocrisy

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:20 pm

For a so-called moderate, Meade sure is a hypocrite for ignoring the use of public records in support of Walker, while bemoaning their use in support of Barrett.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:21 pm

I received the mailer. It showed my wife as having voted. Neither she nor I contributed to the Obama campaign in 08....no chance of having done so and forgotten. In fact, the only contribution I ever made to a politician was 10 bucks to Soglin's campaign in his first run for mayor.

I don't feel strongly about it, but to the extent that I do I would say I found it a bit distasteful. Not nearly as distasteful as this constant characterization of working union people as thugs. The real thugs are the billionaire so-called job creators that unions were formed to protect their members from.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Shame on Meade for his hypocrisy

Postby gargantua » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:For a so-called moderate, Meade sure is a hypocrite for ignoring the use of public records in support of Walker, while bemoaning their use in support of Barrett.

Meade's bobbing, weaving, evading, and subject-changing are very Flanders-esque.

Without the charm.

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:27 pm

gargantua wrote:I don't feel strongly about it, but to the extent that I do I would say I found it a bit distasteful. Not nearly as distasteful as this constant characterization of working union people as thugs. The real thugs are the billionaire so-called job creators that unions were formed to protect their members from.

This.

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:34 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:For a so-called moderate, Meade sure is a hypocrite for ignoring the use of public records in support of Walker, while bemoaning their use in support of Barrett.

No more or less hypocritical then you are Henry.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Comrade wrote:No more or less hypocritical then you are Henry.

No. But you'll notice a major difference between me and Mr. Henry is that I don't go around making personal judgements on people and declaring them to be hypocrites, trolls, racists, idiots... and so on.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:44 pm

Comrade wrote:That is NOT an introduction like you implied Prof
Really? You think maybe I used language that was not equivalent to what I was describing? I wonder why I might have done something so silly...

Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Comrade » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:22 pm

I know EXACTLY what you were attempting to do Prof, and THEY always did that as well. Try that in Leipzig once and see how the people respond.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Meade wrote:Are you talking about Huckleby's thread: "Janesville teacher pogrom"? Where is your posting, Detritus? Where is Henry Vilas's posting on that thread, decrying the use of recall petition names and salaries of Janesville teachers...?

Hilariously ironic that in this very thread that exposes the bullying, publishing, shaming that their side routinely and shamelessly engages in - Mr. Henry and Detritus use that very tactic to pressure me about something they themselves failed to do.

You're right, I didn't post on that mailing, nor have I weighed in on this one. I'm not the one making the latest mailing to be the first step toward totalitarianism. That would be you. That's why I am interested to know why this instance--which relies solely on public information--is so evil, when the Janesville one--which required an FOI filing to link signatures with salaries--apparently wasn't. Also, why this instance, which warns of the consequences of failing to vote (the guy YOU happen to like gets in) is intimidation, whereas the Janesville instance, which called signing teachers "radicals" and encouraged parents to take their kids out of the teachers' classes, apparently wasn't.

Not commenting on either case is not the equivalent of decrying one and defending the other. And I'm still waiting for your answer.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:18 pm

If you don't like the flier email them and tell them. I did: replywi@greaterwisconsin.org

The flier was mailed by the Greater Wisconsin Fund which says they are "an independent political organization".

http://www.greaterwisfund.com/
"As an independent political organization, the Greater Wisconsin Political Fund continuously conducts aggressive grassroots and media campaigns on the important public policy issues facing Wisconsin."

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Beaver wrote:If you don't like the flier email them and tell them. I did: replywi@greaterwisconsin.org
Thank you, I will.
Do you think they're more or less likely to take my concerns seriously if I mention the Stasi and the KGB?

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:26 pm

More likely.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”