John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5125
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed May 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Earthling wrote:
lukpac wrote:
Earthling wrote:I imagine most, not all, but most "independents" out there would fall to the left of center on this issue. I do, and the only democrat I've ever voted for is Kohl.


So...you vote for third parties otherwise?


I almost always vote republican when it comes to higher levels of government. I would consider myself to be a fiscal conservative. Often times in local races voting for a democrat is the better choice when compared to a member of progressive dane or green party candidate.
Since Reagan budgets quintupled the National Debt in 11 years, and Bush's budgets doubled it in 8, and his policies are still the primary drivers of the annual deficits, why would you vote Republican if you consider yourself a "fiscal conservative?"

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 23925
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Wisconsin conservatives try to discredit John Doe investigation

They seem scared of the ultimate results that will come from this probe.

Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:54 am

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby Peanutbutter » Thu May 24, 2012 4:47 pm

On Tue Mar 20, 2012 jman111 wrote:My prediction, based solely on unsubstantiated rumors:
Walker will resign within 10 days.
(I was actually told that it would happen this week.)


Any day now?

jman111
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4366
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Dane County
Contact:

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby jman111 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:14 pm

We can hope.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1836
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:48 pm

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby david cohen » Tue May 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Now now, gentlemen. All good things in all good time. John Doe's mind has been expanded:

http://www.wkow.com/story/18648513/walk ... id-process

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 23925
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed May 30, 2012 9:02 am

Walker transfers $100,000 to legal defense fund

Campaign finance reports submitted to the state elections board Tuesday evening indicate Gov. Scott Walker has transferred $100,000 to his legal defense fund.

In two separate transfers documented in the report, Walker moved $70,000 on May 3 and $30,000 on May 17 to "The Scott Walker Trust."
...
The defense fund has been set up under the guidance of the GAB, which has said only that officeholders are allowed to establish the fund if they or an agent of their campaign have been charged with or are under investigation for election or campaign violations.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 14150
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby snoqueen » Wed May 30, 2012 2:42 pm

This had better come up in the second debate, and in every ad they air from now until Tuesday.

If some Democrat just put $100,000 into his legal defense fund, I wouldn't vote for him no matter who he was. Too much like Gov Blagojevich.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 14150
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby snoqueen » Wed May 30, 2012 8:25 pm

He's not using the $160,000 he's put into his defense fund to assist in the criminal defense of his aides, Walker says.

I suppose that means his loyal staffers are on their own.

And whose defense does that leave?

This is gonna be a good show.

...Walker said he will not use campaign funds to pay for the criminal defense of his aides....

The governor made the comment a day after a report showed he had transferred $100,000 from his campaign account to a criminal defense fund he has set up. In all over the past six weeks, he has put $160,000 into the account, which can be used for Walker, his campaign or those working for it.


http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolit ... 44415.html

(see second section of 3-part article)

Meade
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm
Contact:

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby Meade » Wed May 30, 2012 9:11 pm

snoqueen wrote:If some Democrat just put $100,000 into his legal defense fund, I wouldn't vote for him no matter who he was. Too much like Gov Blagojevich.

Did you vote for Bill Clinton? Bill Clinton would have been a fool not to have had a legal defense fund. I take it when you say "wouldn't vote for" you mean "wouldn't vote for again".

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3596
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby O.J. » Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 am

Image

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5125
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu May 31, 2012 12:19 pm

Meade wrote:
snoqueen wrote:If some Democrat just put $100,000 into his legal defense fund, I wouldn't vote for him no matter who he was. Too much like Gov Blagojevich.

Did you vote for Bill Clinton? Bill Clinton would have been a fool not to have had a legal defense fund. I take it when you say "wouldn't vote for" you mean "wouldn't vote for again".
This is truly priceless...

Bill and Hillary Clinton are likely unarguably the most investigated people in the history of the world. How many crimes were they charged with, Meade? Say it with me... "ZERO."

Not even perjury, the GOP talking head mantra. And why is that? Because to commit prosecutable perjury, you have to lie about facts relevant to a crime. In fact, investigating consensual sex when Starr knew all along it was consensual and therefor had nothing to do with the Paula Jones case, is illegal in and of itself.

Ah well, life goes on, and now Republicans can rest well knowing they wasted 8 years and $70 million investigating a legal penis just to embarrass a sitting President

FJD
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3538
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby FJD » Thu May 31, 2012 12:42 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:
Meade wrote:
snoqueen wrote:If some Democrat just put $100,000 into his legal defense fund, I wouldn't vote for him no matter who he was. Too much like Gov Blagojevich.

Did you vote for Bill Clinton? Bill Clinton would have been a fool not to have had a legal defense fund. I take it when you say "wouldn't vote for" you mean "wouldn't vote for again".
This is truly priceless...

Bill and Hillary Clinton are likely unarguably the most investigated people in the history of the world. How many crimes were they charged with, Meade? Say it with me... "ZERO."

Not even perjury, the GOP talking head mantra. And why is that? Because to commit prosecutable perjury, you have to lie about facts relevant to a crime. In fact, investigating consensual sex when Starr knew all along it was consensual and therefor had nothing to do with the Paula Jones case, is illegal in and of itself.

Ah well, life goes on, and now Republicans can rest well knowing they wasted 8 years and $70 million investigating a legal penis just to embarrass a sitting President



Technically Clinton was charged with perjury (as well as obstruction of justice) as part of his impeachment. The Senate acquitted him of both charges with two mostly partisan votes (though a few more sensible Republicans did decided voting to remove a president for lying about sex wasn't something they wanted on their record).

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5125
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu May 31, 2012 12:50 pm

...and of course, Congress isn't a court of law, and these were purely partisan charges to avoid the embarrassment of wasting so much time and money and finding no crimes. Even Ken Starr, a self avowed Clinton hater, wanted to quit because there was nothing there, but the Congressional Republicans twisted his arm.

FJD
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3538
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby FJD » Thu May 31, 2012 1:07 pm

True, but the president can't actually go to trial in a court of law while in office, so the first step has to be impeaching him.

The whole process was partisan on both sides. There could have been video of Clinton having sex while under oath and saying he wasn't and the impeachment wouldn't have passed through the Senate. Probably because anyway you look at it, it's a stupid reason to impeach someone.

Especially given the number of senators and congressmen who probably wouldn't want to have that question asked of them while under oath.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm
Contact:

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby Meade » Thu May 31, 2012 1:17 pm

Well... okay, but the point is this: snoqueen said she would not vote for some Democrat who put $100,000 into a legal defense fund. She wouldn't vote for him no matter who he is.

And yet... she did!


Return to “Local Politics & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests