John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby Earthling » Tue May 15, 2012 2:37 pm

I imagine most, not all, but most "independents" out there would fall to the left of center on this issue. I do, and the only democrat I've ever voted for is Kohl.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Earthling wrote:I imagine most, not all, but most "independents" out there would fall to the left of center on this issue. I do, and the only democrat I've ever voted for is Kohl.

We are not talking about most independents. I would like self-described independent Meade to state his opinion on equal civil rights for gay Americans.

So far, he dares not answer.

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Tue May 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Earthling wrote:I imagine most, not all, but most "independents" out there would fall to the left of center on this issue. I do, and the only democrat I've ever voted for is Kohl.

So...you vote for third parties otherwise?

Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Tue May 15, 2012 3:32 pm

lukpac wrote:

So...you vote for third parties otherwise?

I almost always vote republican when it comes to higher levels of government. I would consider myself to be a fiscal conservative. Often times in local races voting for a democrat is the better choice when compared to a member of progressive dane or green party candidate.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue May 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Earthling wrote:...the only democrat I've ever voted for is Kohl.

Earthling wrote:Often times in local races voting for a democrat is the better choice when compared to a member of progressive dane or green party candidate.

Earthling
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Earthling » Tue May 15, 2012 3:42 pm

pjbogart wrote:
Earthling wrote:...the only democrat I've ever voted for is Kohl.

Earthling wrote:Often times in local races voting for a democrat is the better choice when compared to a member of progressive dane or green party candidate.

I apologize....the only democrat not running in a local election. Good catch though!

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Earthling wrote:I almost always vote republican when it comes to higher levels of government. I would consider myself to be a fiscal conservative. Often times in local races voting for a democrat is the better choice when compared to a member of progressive dane or green party candidate.

If you "almost always vote republican", how/why do you define yourself as an "independent"?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Meade, you claim not to be a Republican, but a moderate independent with libertarian leanings. So what is your view on equal civil rights for gays? Or are you in the Kleefisch camp on that issue?

Bumped for Meade. Dare he answer directly and honestly (in his own words)?

I see Meade is still posting on the forum, but I guess he does not dare to answer.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue May 15, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm in favor of equal rights, benefits, and responsibilities for all U.S. citizens.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue May 15, 2012 5:01 pm

When I went through grade school, there was a mentally disadvantaged fellow whose last name was Meade. His was also mischievous. I can still hear the echos of various teachers yelling "MEADE!!!" for whatever idiotic thing he was doing whenever I read one of Meade's posts. It kind of makes my day.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Meade wrote:I'm in favor of equal rights, benefits, and responsibilities for all U.S. citizens.

Finally. Now let's put this in the context of your defense of Kleefisch. Is her opposition to those "equal rights, benefits, and responsibilities" (for a certain segment of our population) bigotry on her part?

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue May 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Beats me, Henry. Based on what the Cap Times writer reported - perhaps.

I'm more interested in your expressions of bigotry because you seem to get so defensive and hysterical whenever someone points them out.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 15, 2012 5:18 pm

How does pointing out the irrational, religious based bigotry of Rebecca Kleefisch made me a bigot?

doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Tue May 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Henry, every time you point your finger at someone, remember you've got three pointing back at you. Cambridge Dictionary Online: Bigot: "a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong." Try looking in a mirror or reading your posts. Crazy church lady indeed.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Got any argument on the topic beyond me? Don't blame the messenger. Your post was pure ad hominem.

But back to the topic:Sentencing postponed for Walker aide Wink

Defend the Walker administration when he was Milwaukee County executive (the obvious subject of the John Doe probe) and his recent record as governor, if you can. This discussion has nothing to do with me.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”