It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3711
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:07 am

I'd just like to point out that Blaska voted for 2 of the foremost baby killers of our generation, Reagan and Bush.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=45095&p=564508&hilit=baby+killer+bush#p564508

It's not about morals, or anything like that for these guys. It's about rhetoric.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12656
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby snoqueen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:00 am

David Blaska wrote:
snoqueen wrote:And only absolute, black-and-white, yes-or-no answers will do, people. Questions with no details, answers with no nuance.

[Blaska] doesn't get ...


Ahh! A change in tactics! Well done, Mr. Snoqueen!


Someone please, please stop me from ever, ever using irony again on this forum...

(insert forty eye-rolling emoticons, if you like, and a face palm)

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Stately Blaska Manor
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby David Blaska » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:00 am

snoqueen wrote: on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:50 pm.:
All I want to know is whether David Blaska thinks abortion is murder.


snoqueen wrote: on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:01 pm: And only absolute, black-and-white, yes-or-no answers will do, people. Questions with no details, answers with no nuance. [Blaska] doesn't get ...


David Blaska wrote:Ahh! A change in tactics! Well done, Mr. noqueen!


snoqueen wrote:Someone please, please stop me from ever, ever using irony again on this forum...

(insert forty eye-rolling emoticons, if you like, and a face palm)


That's it! I was using IRONY! But I was using it first! Ha Ha!

laughter-magazine.jpg
laughter-magazine.jpg (28.03 KiB) Viewed 263 times
Last edited by David Blaska on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3711
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:06 am

Rest assured that if a Republican wins the Presidential election, funds will be taken away from pregnancy prevention programs thereby increasing abortions.

Let the baby killing begin!

butters
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 544
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:30 pm

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby butters » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:52 am

Peanutbutter wrote:Since killing a 2 year old child is murder, then why don't we have a State system that identifies the women who have children?

I'm not really sure what your point is with your clever word substitution game because you didn't state any.

We already have a system for reporting the birth of these future taxpayers and their mothers to the State. Ever hear of birth certificates and social security numbers?

Peanutbutter wrote:After they have been identified, periodic examinations need to be conducted to confirm that a woman still has kids and ensure that the baby reached adulthood. The results of these mandatory examinations need to be reported to the State. This is just a start. As we roll out this system, I’m sure we will need to tweak it with more regulation, investigation, and enforcement. Because after all, we are talking about murder here. :roll:

Yep. We also already have a system for dealing with the killing of two-year-olds. Killing two-year-olds is illegal (even though sometimes they deserve it). We as a society do what you suggest without the need for State encouragement. If a woman has a two-year-old one day, and the next day she doesn't, you bet questions are going to be raised!

I'm glad you continued with the analogy. By treating abortions as murder, I was going to encourage the same "citizen policing" that we currently have for murder but not for abortions. If a coworker has a little belly bump one day, and the next day (following a little time off) she doesn't, it should be your civic duty to report the possible murderer to the police... or likely be considered an accessory to the crime.

Again, i'm not really sure what your point was.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3671
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:33 pm
Location: Madison's Corporate Underbelly
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby rrnate » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:58 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Mr B, you claim that your Catholic religion dictates your position on abortion. I too was raised Catholic. I went to parachial schools from first grade to high school graduation. The official Catholic position is that abortion is always a sin, no matter what the reason. Rape, incest, even the life of the pregnant woman never trumps the right of the fertilized ovum. We even watched The Cardinal, a film in which the pregnant woman (sister of the Cardinal) is allowed to die, so that her fetus would survive.

Of course, the Catholic position goes even further than that, as it says sperm is also sacred (as it is living, with unique DNA). Onanism is similarly condemned as is all birth control.

Believe that if you must. But while I realize that Catholics are the largest religious group in the U.S., Catholic dogma should never dictate secular law. Otherwise the Handmaid's Tail becomes reality.


I think it's pretty well established that Dave's Catholicism informs his political opinions...except for all the times it doesn't. However, that is no reason for him not to trot it out when he feels like it helps him claim some sort of moral high ground.

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Stately Blaska Manor
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby David Blaska » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:04 am

Congratulations, RRnate! Yes, you actually posted without using profanity or invective. Therefore, you shall once again be called by your chosen Forum name.

Now, please to tell what you meant by

rnate wrote:I think it's pretty well established that Dave's Catholicism informs his political opinions...except for all the times it doesn't.


Itemize for the class "all the times it doesn't."

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3365
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:51 pm
Location: Madison
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby lukpac » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:10 am

lukpac wrote:
David Blaska wrote:No go, LukPac


No go? Huh? Is there some reason you responded to me, waited 34 minutes, then responded again? Is that just how you roll?

There's no such thing as "abortion the day before delivery", because if there's an abortion, there's no delivery to be a day before.

One day after delivery? Yes, penalized.

Why? In the former case we're talking about a fetus inside a woman's body. In the latter case we're talking about a baby.

Now your turn.


Still waiting.

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3456
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:40 pm
Location: Studio B of the historic Abernathy Building
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby Stu Levitan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:24 am

David Blaska wrote:Congratulations, RRnate! Yes, you actually posted without using profanity or invective. Therefore, you shall once again be called by your chosen Forum name.

Now, please to tell what you meant by

rnate wrote:I think it's pretty well established that Dave's Catholicism informs his political opinions...except for all the times it doesn't.


Itemize for the class "all the times it doesn't."


Oh, this is just too easy. Class, who would like to go first pointing out to Brother Blaska all the times he has rejected the explicit instruction from his Pope?

Death penalty? Unions? Economic inequality and the redistribution of wealth? Where to start, where to start ...?

(BTW, David, still waiting for you to explain what happens to the soul when a zygote splits and twins are born. How do you harmonize actual science with the faith that makes you assert the soul arises at fertilization?)

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Stately Blaska Manor
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby David Blaska » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:48 am

Stu Levitan wrote:Oh, this is just too easy. Class, who would like to go first pointing out to Brother Blaska all the times he has rejected the explicit instruction from his Pope?

Death penalty? Unions? Redistribution of wealth? Where to start, where to start ...?


I do not support the death penalty. Where did you get that idea?
I do not oppose private sector unions; I do note that the Vatican has no unions. A site called Regnum Novum does an expert job of translating the Church's encyclicals.
Regnum Novum wrote:Many Catholics are lamenting the lack of support that the bishops are giving the Wisconsin [public employee] unions. How dare they not use their pulpits, suggests [another writer], to rally Catholic action against Governor Walker and his GOP hoods. But then looking at the actual social teaching ought to help us decipher the situation.

I donate to charities, including United Way and the Boy Scouts. I am not aware that the Pope has decreed that the state should adopt the socialist model.
Regnum Novum wrote:The truth, though, is that the distribution of goods is an integral part of the Social Teaching. Now what liberal members of the Democratic party think about the distribution of goods is usually not what the Popes had in mind."

I would point out that Scott Walker's wife Tonette is Catholic.

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3456
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:40 pm
Location: Studio B of the historic Abernathy Building
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby Stu Levitan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Glad we cleared all that up.

Now -- please answer the question about the soul and identical twins.

Thanks,

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Stately Blaska Manor
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby David Blaska » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:09 pm

I told you that I am not going to answer questions that amount to how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Did you forget or are you being obstinate again?

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3671
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:33 pm
Location: Madison's Corporate Underbelly
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby rrnate » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:49 pm

David Blaska wrote:Congratulations, RRnate! Yes, you actually posted without using profanity or invective. Therefore, you shall once again be called by your chosen Forum name.


I sure did! And you managed to maintain your condescension that has endeared you to dozens.

David Blaska wrote:Now, please to tell what you meant by

rnate wrote:I think it's pretty well established that Dave's Catholicism informs his political opinions...except for all the times it doesn't.


Itemize for the class "all the times it doesn't."


"Do not bear false witness against your neighbor" - one could make a pretty easy case for you doing this very thing, a lot, in print, on this very website.

However, your tendency to want to turn a catholic value in to law is pretty in-keeping with some of the worst tendencies of the church.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 21223
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:05 pm

I wonder if Mr B is a follower of the dominionist movement, although it might be a little too Protestant for him.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3216
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: It's time to Pass a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment

Postby wack wack » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:21 pm

David Blaska wrote:Itemize for the class "all the times it doesn't."


It doesn't matter how many there are, there's only one that counts.

The form of capitalism that we are currently enduring, the form that the Republicans are trying to drag us deeper into, the form of capitalism that you support, Mr. Blaska... this capitalism IS the money changers in the temple. As Anti-Christ as any dude in horns. In this case, as Anti-Christ as any doctor with a hook.

Because of your support for this evil, your attempts to appeal to any sort of religious or moral imperative, on any issue, is pure hypocrisy.


Return to “Local Politics & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests