Gun Mania

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Gun Mania

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:18 pm

jimoo742 wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:
minicat wrote:Anyone who thinks the shootings in Wisconsin or Florida were "justified" -- no matter what the current law is -- is a fucking moral infant.

We're all impressed with that mature logical reasoning of yours.

At least there was some reason to his post. Haven't seen any in yours.

I find it sickening that now the burden is on a dead boy for not being able to evade / flee a predator in a car with a gun that was hunting him.

Your ability to jump to unsubstantiated conclusions is equally impressive, i.e., not very.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
jimoo742 wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:
The shooting didn't occur from the car, did it? They were both on foot at the time.

Irrelevant. The kid isn't going to be able to get away from someone following him in a car. Then when the shooter gets out of the car close to him he isn't going to be able to outrun the bullet.

I don't care if he had an F-16, once he's out of the vehicle the chase is on. You have anything to show that the kid was shot as he was running away?

Didn't think so.

Following in a car, getting out of a car and approaching someone who is or was walking away are all provocative actions, any attempt to claim self-defense beyond this is absurd.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Dangerousman wrote:But on foot that kid could have easily outrun him. Why didn't he? Does it make sense to you?

I'll bet the man who shot Bo Morrison could have evaded the inebriated 20 year old. Or stayed in the house. Or, at least, not shot him dead.

Why didn't he? It sure doesn't make sense to me.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:25 pm

wack wack wrote:Following in a car, getting out of a car and approaching someone who is or was walking away are all provocative actions, any attempt to claim self-defense beyond this is absurd.

Really? You feel you can punch someone for walking up to you? You have much to learn.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
wack wack wrote:Following in a car, getting out of a car and approaching someone who is or was walking away are all provocative actions, any attempt to claim self-defense beyond this is absurd.

Really? You feel you can punch someone for walking up to you? You have much to learn.

Apparently you can shoot them.
Just claim that you felt threatened and were defending yourself.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:29 pm

An unarmed juvenile (who was breaking no law) was approached and confronted by an middle age man with a gun. Yet you want make the gunner the victim. That is deranged thinking.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Dangerousman wrote:

Yeah, because that's what I said, right?

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 pm

jman111 wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:But on foot that kid could have easily outrun him. Why didn't he? Does it make sense to you?

I'll bet the man who shot Bo Morrison could have evaded the inebriated 20 year old. Or stayed in the house. Or, at least, not shot him dead.

Why didn't he? It sure doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe, but does he have a duty to evade him? Do you think he should have asked him to blow into a breathalyzer before taking further action?

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback it. It's not so easy when you've discovered an intruder inside your house at 2 a.m.

You're free to write to the District Attorney and dispute his legal conclusions, Perry Mason. I can find his phone number if you can't wait.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:An unarmed juvenile (who was breaking no law) was approached and confronted by an middle age man with a gun. Yet you want make the gunner the victim. That is deranged thinking.

Really, where did that happen? Another case for discussion?

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
jimoo742 wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:

I don't care if he had an F-16, once he's out of the vehicle the chase is on. You have anything to show that the kid was shot as he was running away?

Didn't think so.

Do you have any that he wasn't? Didn't think so.

"The chase is on"? So you're agreeing that Zimmerman was hunting this boy.

Hunting? I'd hardly agree with that since there's absolutely no evidence of it. He was following him. But on foot that kid could have easily outrun him. Why didn't he? Does it make sense to you?

"The chase is on". Those are your words. Why was a large man a gun chasing after a small boy? to preemptively avoid getting punched in the nose? because he was jonesing for some skittles?

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:36 pm

jman111 wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:

Apparently you can shoot them.
Just claim that you felt threatened and were defending yourself.

If someone has punched you, or you've gone to the ground in a struggle, your claim that you felt threatened has a certain air of credibility, don't you agree?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:An unarmed juvenile (who was breaking no law) was approached and confronted by an middle age man with a gun. Yet you want make the gunner the victim. That is deranged thinking.

Don't be so fucking disingenuous. If Zimmerman wasn't the victim, then it must have been the kid.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:40 pm

DCB wrote:"The chase is on". Those are your words. Why was a large man a gun chasing after a small boy? to preemptively avoid getting punched in the nose? because he was jonesing for some skittles?

Holy shit, you're dense.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:

Don't be so fucking disingenuous. If Zimmerman wasn't the victim, then it must have been the kid.

I still want to know why you think 28 is middle-aged.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Dangerousman wrote:If someone has punched you, or you've gone to the ground in a struggle, your claim that you felt threatened has a certain air of credibility, don't you agree?

Not if you've put yourself in that position by following someone for blocks, then leaving your car to confront them.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”