Blaska caught in yet another lie

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Blaska caught in yet another lie

Postby Galoot » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:17 am

In his latest bit piece for the Isthmus, Blaska claims that "East High teachers marched students down East Washington last Tuesday".

There wasn't a single teacher marching with those students. They left at 11 AM, and unless you happened to have that time as a prep period, you as a teacher were in the classroom, continuing to teach those students who chose to not march with the others.

When called on this blatant lie by an East High teacher, Blaska doesn't actually admit that he lied--he says that teachers should have somehow stopped the students from leaving! Blaska, how are we supposed to do that? We are legally barred from preventing students from leaving our classroom, and as far as I know, the administration cannot prevent them from leaving the school either.

How does this local nobody have any credibility at all? Why does the Isthmus continue to give him a platform to spew his lies?

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Blaska caught in yet another lie

Postby david cohen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:34 am

Galoot has it exactly correct. Blaska doesn't have a clue. Our senior walked out at 11am with hundreds of other students. Our two younger kids stayed in class with their teachers. Their teachers continue to teach to the 6-8 students left. It was not until after 3:30pm that any East High teachers or staff showed up at the Capitol to join the throng. Really Blaska, are you so out of ammo that you have to stretch the truth in order to fill space? Pretty weak dude, pretty weak.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:01 pm

The gelding won't directly reply, but maybe he'll link to an opinion piece in the National Review instead. (He'll know what I'm talking about.)

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:35 pm

I love the protest signs "Fox News will lie about this." We need some of the same around here.

The trouble with little "slips" like Blaska's is they get picked up and amplified by those seeking support for their agendas, even when their purported supporting facts are plain wrong.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm sure what Blaska really meant is that the teachers were marching with the students "in spirit"...see, it's all the same so why do you pesky liberals keep getting all worked up about the small details?

bumpity

Postby bumpity » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:38 pm

I wish Mr. Blaska would address this. It was a lie. Pure and simple. The least he can do is admit it.

LIke the commenter on Blaska's blog who claimed that there were nazi symbols all over the capitol - just a blatant lie and when called on, not a word from the commenter.

condor0523

Postby condor0523 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:52 pm

I was there when the students came in -- not a teacher in sight! -- They were organized, repectful and despite Blaska's comments -- East high school kids are smarter than a tea bagger!

Dave is cut and paste -- but really all the peacefull protests on one side and u spit on a ten year old and a cop http://www.channel3000.com/news/27027638/detail.html
Defend it Dave! ... and that truth thing might be a good idea!

condor0523

Postby condor0523 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Would FOX news lie to me?? http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/2 ... on-busting
Dave -- master of cut and paste -- u dhould spit on FOX news -- answer your own poll!!

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:09 am

condor0523 wrote:
Dave is cut and paste -- but really all the peacefull protests on one side and u spit on a ten year old and a cop http://www.channel3000.com/news/27027638/detail.html

Now, let's straighten this out right away. The article does not say Dave spit on the ten year old and the cop. The article gives the spitter's name and indicates she also doesn't seem to like Scott Walker. This might have been more of a mental health thing than a political thing -- I don't know either. If you want people not to "lie," then don't confuse the matter by doing it yourself.

And I think "lie" is overused and overblown. A lot of "lies" turn out to be different notions of the truth, or of what constitutes factual information. I have a hard time applying that here, unfortunately.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:16 pm

The original crux of this thread, however, is entirely correct. Mr. Blaska flat out lied about the teachers being present when the East students staged their initial walkout. If Isthmus continues to allow him to write for them, without fact checking, then he needs to be terminated the same as any other writer who can't get his or her facts straight.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Unless you guys can leave a little room for Dave to ask some sort of cutesy, rhetorical question, he will not be responding to this thread.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:32 pm

rrnate wrote:Unless you guys can leave a little room for Dave to ask some sort of cutesy, rhetorical question, he will not be responding to this thread.

Neither will the Blaska-fluffers from the Isthmus.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Still waiting...

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:19 pm

The gelding will not directly reply, especially when caught in a lie. That is his m.o.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:The gelding will not directly reply, especially when caught in a lie. That is his m.o.

Oh, you mean like when he disappeared after I pointed out his blatant misinformation in the Ashley Furniture case?

Hadn't noticed. :)

Return to “Local Politics & Government”