Enough with "recall Walker" already

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Enough with "recall Walker" already

Postby Huckleby » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Comrade Levitan's act of contrition is duly noted. However, it is simply not enough. I recommend 6 months of re-education camp.

Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bad Gradger » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:57 pm

WestSideYuppie wrote:Many people who voted for Walker may have done so with a reasonable expectation that the elements of his platform would be introduced through an open an deliberative legislative process. They may have expected some compromises to be made during that process.

Thus it makes no sense to say that the present situation is simply a matter of Walker doing what he was elected to do.

Enough with "recall Walker" already
by Bad Gradger » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:35 pm

Since then...yesterday, in fact...
Bad Gradger wrote:He's come a long way since I posted the thread. Whatever electoral legitimacy his agenda might've had is gone. I no longer think recalling him next year is a bad idea. For the record.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Another traitor to the people prostrates himself before the tribunal of the proletariat.

You are forgiven, but re-education camp for you too.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:38 am

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm putting this here. I got this in an email, so consider it for what it's worth:

This poll was started by Republican businessmen and sent only to their cronies. It is meant to show that most of the people in Wisconsin support Walker and will be released to the media in a few days. Your vote can change the skew. Pass it onto friends who might vote properly.

Click and vote: http://www.journaltimes.com/polls/html_ ... _a_4647768

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:47 am

the interesting take-away from that poll is how polarized the results are. no surprise, I suppose, but not sure I've never seen such a result.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:01 am

Huckleby wrote:the interesting take-away from that poll is how polarized the results are. no surprise, I suppose, but not sure I've never seen such a result.

As the polarization of politics increases, I would expect to see a similar increase in polarization of people's opinions of political moves.

newglarusman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby newglarusman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:18 pm

He is politically vulnerable and misrepresented his mandate almost from the moment he took office. He unwittingly thus, showed his own concern about taking so important a step without some legitimate claim to specifically back it. He lied that he had campaigned on the issue, after taking his public oath of office. He ignored overwhelming public concern for the rights of all people to collectively bargain. A two thirds majority decides any domestic issue in this country, yet he ignored a two thirds majority against him both state and national. That is not merely ignoring pressure, that is ignoring a historical fact: Limiting speech, limiting the capacity of individuals to representation in the most elemental aspect of American life, our work, is an affront to the American way of life, and must be answered, now!

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:03 pm

A lot of money is being spend for television advertising, on both sides.

Wisconsin's permanent campaign: The ad wars résumé

Return to “Local Politics & Government”