Tammy has a challenger

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Tammy has a challenger

Postby thebookpolice » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:20 pm

butters wrote:
There's no specific mention of partisan affiliation, but Lee's stated platform of "1. Smaller Government, 2. Lower Taxes, 3. Family Values" suggests Lee won't be facing Baldwin in a Democratic primary.

Why concede these traits to the Republicans? In practice, they have demonstrated that they don't actually believe in these things.

Why can't a Democrat say the same thing?
Smaller government--Get the government out of the bedroom, church out of government, end war on drugs, end a few of our other wars as well.
Family values--Pro-marriage for all people. Pro-education.
Lower taxes and lower spending.

It suggests that Tammy (and democrats in general) is for bigger government and higher taxes. Two reasons not to vote for her.

While I get Jason's intent--that the drumbeats signalling those three planks generally emanate from the bongos with (R) at the end--I applaud your serious response. +1

city on a hill

Postby city on a hill » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:33 pm

It's disconcerting how quickly everyone seems to rush to judgement on Chad. On what basis should the title of a respectable article doing an intro on a candidate say "Chad Lee is better looking than you and running for Congress"? It catches the eye, if that's what the author simply intended to do, but it seems the title is an overt statement implying that Chad offers a nice smile and is qualified (satirically) upon that basis. Why don't we wait to hear what the candidate has to say about his plans for the future and consider if they would benefit Madison and the surrounding counties. He doesn't even have a completed website and already he's portrayed in a discoloring fashion. Disappointing.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:36 pm

What's disconcerting is all the first time posters popping up to support him. Seems a little fishy to me.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:38 pm

FYI to everyone out there in the Lee campaign. You are wasting your time here. The 10% of users on this board who would vote for him are already going to vote against Tammy. The rest of us... (big assumption I know) are happy enough with Tammy to not even bat an eye at this guys "creative" "edgy" standard issue Republican talking points.

GODDOG
Forum Addict

Postby GODDOG » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:40 pm

city on a hill wrote: He doesn't even have a completed website and already he's portrayed in a discoloring fashion. Disappointing.

Are you a recently nationalized citizen of this country?
Have you paid any attention to politics in say...the last 30 years?
Maybe "Cutie Lee" should have waited for his site to be finished before putting up.
This district is not so big that someone doesn't already know him and his stance on issues.
Welcome to the age of high-speed technology and politics "City". :roll:

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:45 pm

city on a hill wrote:Why don't we wait to hear what the candidate has to say about his plans for the future and consider if they would benefit Madison and the surrounding counties. He doesn't even have a completed website and already he's portrayed in a discoloring fashion. Disappointing.

That's precisely why I was asking livgood why s/he considers Lee to be cutting edge. Absolutely nothing from the article or his website could possibly lead someone to this conclusion.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:48 pm

I love this story because, while really short, it represents what I think a lot of us would like to see Isthmus return to: self-assured, kinda sassy, not interested in patting heads.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:53 pm

You know there are parts of this guy's bio that really are appealing. He seems like a nice enough guy from a small community. Has some sort of good Christian values etc. etc. What immediately turns me off is everything else about this site that just screams he's in bed with the robbing stealing lying psycho Repubutards. Here's a tip to all you good normal people out there. Stay away from the Republican party. You want to do some good? You don't need their help or their money. The 3 talking points Smaller Government, Lower Taxes, Family values have lost all credibility specifically when it comes to the Republican Party. I haven't seen one of those things come out of any of them in my lifetime. I fail to see how good Christians can be Republicans so any Republican who claims to be a good Christian is immediately full of shit in my book.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:01 pm

city on a hill wrote:He doesn't even have a completed website and already he's portrayed in a discoloring fashion. Disappointing.

What's "discoloring" about the post? It's essentially a collection of links to places where people can learn more about this guy who seeks to get elected as your representative to Congress, accompanied by some light banter.

And let's face it, he is better looking than you. Of this fact there is substantial evidence on his Facebook page, where there is exactly zero evidence of his qualifications or views on the issues.

Gotta work with what you've got, right? Guy starts twittering about his desire to run for Congress and it's not just acceptable to take a crack at his Facebook site, it's practically mandatory.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:05 pm

jjoyce wrote:
city on a hill wrote:He doesn't even have a completed website and already he's portrayed in a discoloring fashion. Disappointing.

What's "discoloring" about the post?

Maybe city on a hill means that you didn't mention his great tan enough in the piece. Dude clearly works on his color a lot.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:09 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:I love this story because, while really short, it represents what I think a lot of us would like to see Isthmus return to: self-assured, kinda sassy, not interested in patting heads.

I'll second this.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:12 pm

Maybe city on a hill means that you didn't mention his great tan enough in the piece. Dude clearly works on his color a lot.

Hard to believe he had time considering he's created over a dozen jobs.

Like_Stink
Forum Addict

Postby Like_Stink » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Tammy is not the brightest or most noteworthy, to say the least, and she strains at attempts to be personable, but regardless her limited accomplishments in office, she votes the way I want her to on most things. Sorry, Chad.

Nickles

Postby Nickles » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:25 pm

fisticuffs wrote:What's disconcerting is all the first time posters popping up to support him. Seems a little fishy to me.

Is this a bad thing? Are politics supposed to be closed to the public or is an "open forum"? Politics are for the people and if this guys is bringing new interest to the public who may not have thought twice about politics, I'm all for it and shame on you for saying otherwise!

Also, TheBookPolice, "Maybe city on a hill means that you didn't mention his great tan enough in the piece. Dude clearly works on his color a lot." Are you seriously commenting on the color of his skin? Wow. I think we can find something a little more mature to discuss. If he was ugly and pale, would that make him more acceptable for you?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Wow. I think we can find something a little more mature to discuss.

We really don't have much else to go on. I think that was the point of Bookies post. As for the point of my post... Yeah new people on the forum is great. We want new ideas. What we don't want are political interns, plants, and campaigners spamming our forum. When 3 of them pop up in support of some guy no one seems to know anything about we get a little suspicious. In fact you might as well be telling us about your great deals on cell phones or penis enlargement pills. You sound exactly the same.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”