Should Remmele just shut up when she votes no?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Handy Smurf
Forum Addict

Should Remmele just shut up when she votes no?

Postby Handy Smurf » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:39 pm

The old adage, better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, then speak and remove all doubt, seems to apply :lol:

http://tinyurl.com/da9q8o

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Should Remmele just shut up when she votes no?

Postby jjoyce » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:12 pm

Running unopposed.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Isn't she your alder?

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Yep.

Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bad Gradger » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:58 pm

I'd take Konkel's sanctimonious-yet-well-informed editorializing over Thuy's total insanity any day.

bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:00 am

jjoyce wrote:Running unopposed.

Probably because she's done a good job. Look, she's like your grandma who "just doesn't understand why...". Admittedly the bathroom comments were a little odd...but I understand where she's coming from.

To her it's frivilous. She thinks the council could be spending their time on more important matters. She's more concerned with nuts and bolts kinda stuff. I'm fine with that.

Personally I'm glad they passed it.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:57 am

That's generous.

But I think she went farther than that. The problem doesn't affect her, and that's fine. Prudence would indicate that she listen instead of speak and maybe learn a thing or two. Speaking is not required, so she could have even voted no and it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Instead, she did what the original poster said she did: She insisted that since she never doored a biker, there's no problem (despite plenty of evidence to the contrary) and the people calling for this ordinance are nuts. She went Vicki McKenna on the Council, in other words.

Matt Logan
Forum Addict

Postby Matt Logan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:55 pm

The bike issue was only the tip of the iceberg in terms of Thuy going off the deep end last Tuesday. The highlight for me was when, after throwing the meeting into chaos on another item, two alders moved to call the question (READ shut Thuy up and get on with more important business), Thuy, not understanding the nature of the motion, voted "YES" to shut herself up.

I also heard that several alders had to excuse themselves from the council chambers during Thuy's outbursts to relieve their urge to engage in hysterical laughter.

The screaming question about all of this that comes to my mind is why in the F*CK hasn't the media picked up on Thuy's inability to act like an adult on the council floor? This should be a front-page story in an election season!

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Matt Logan wrote:
The screaming question about all of this that comes to my mind is why in the F*CK hasn't the media picked up on Thuy's inability to act like an adult on the council floor? This should be a front-page story in an election season!

Matt, it very well might have been, if she had an opponent. Since she doesn't, I think it takes it down a notch in terms of news-worthiness. If only she would get into it with the Mayor, then there'd be lots of pub.

Matt Logan
Forum Addict

Postby Matt Logan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:34 pm

gargantua wrote:
Matt Logan wrote:

Matt, it very well might have been, if she had an opponent. Since she doesn't, I think it takes it down a notch in terms of news-worthiness. If only she would get into it with the Mayor, then there'd be lots of pub.

Yeah, well I suspect that part of the reason she doesn't have an opponent is because the media has been treating her like a cute little kitten for her entire term in office depsite a regular history of off the wall behavior. And it is still not too late for a write-in campaign to kick in. In fact I would love to see District 20 resident Mark Shahan (chair of PBMVC for the last 8 years) mount such a campaign.

Run Mark Run!!!

Return to “Local Politics & Government”