911 Center operating at a high level of effectiveness

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

911 Center operating at a high level of effectiveness

Postby harrissimo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:24 pm

http://www.channel3000.com/news/18701748/detail.html

Dane County's 911 Center is operating at a high level of effectiveness and efficiency although there is room for improvements, according to the second phase of an external audit.

As I have said, the very sad events surrounding the tragic murder of Brittany Zimmerman was not a result of Kathleen Falk's leadership but rather the screw up of a 911 operator.

I think we can put this issue behind us now. It is clear that Kathleen Falk has done and will continue to do an excellent job as our County Executive.

Have a great day!

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: 911 Center operating at a high level of effectiveness

Postby AlternativeVoice » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Does anybody know what is going on with harrissimmo today? I can't figure out if he's trying to be facetious, if he's just on drugs, if somebody stole his account password or what... Does anybody know what's going on?

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:20 pm

AlternativeVoice wrote:I can't figure

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Now that this independent audit has resolved this issue we can move forward. It is very clear the extreme right wing has shamefully exploited this sad event for political purposes. It is pathetic that Mistele can not accept the findings of independent experts. But I am not surprised having seen how Mistele and other whack jobs operate.

Have a great evening!

forwardourmotto
Forum Addict

Postby forwardourmotto » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:36 pm

harrissimo wrote:Now that this independent audit has resolved this issue we can move forward. It is very clear the extreme right wing has shamefully exploited this sad event for political purposes. It is pathetic that Mistele can not accept the findings of independent experts. But I am not surprised having seen how Mistele and other whack jobs operate.

Facts are for commie-LIEbruls.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:25 pm

The fact is that a 911 operator screwed up. The fact is that Falk, the County Board, and others did a miserable job in responding to the 911 operator screw up. The fact is that an independent audit says the 911Call Center is operating at a high level of effectiveness and efficiency although there is room for improvements, The fact is that Mistele and other extreme right wing whack jobs have shamefully exploited this murder for political purposes. These are facts. Another fact is that I'm voting for Falk.

This is not a fact but a hunch: Falk will defeat Mistele.

observer

Postby observer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Independent audit??? Like who paid for and contracted this audit this audit???? If I am not mistaken Falk and friends contracted this audit and paid I think something like $95,000 to have this "independent" audit conducted.

AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:56 pm

observer wrote:Independent audit??? Like who paid for and contracted this audit this audit???? If I am not mistaken Falk and friends contracted this audit and paid I think something like $95,000 to have this "independent" audit conducted.

Don't respond to him. It only encourages him to keep trolling.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:06 am

I think we should all be happy that an independent audit has found that our 911 call center is operating at a high level of effectiveness.

Once again I want to express my support for Kathleen Falk.

Have a great day.

observer

Postby observer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:10 am

The issue is a matter of transparency in government. Can an audit be truly independent when the county selects and pays big $$$$ to a private entity and the public does not have a sya or there is little disclosure of who, what, when, why and how is made to the public. Has anyone in this company contributed to Falk and friends campaigns??? Just some valid concerns and questions that the pbulic shouldh ave a right to have been informed about.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:38 am

It is very clear that the independent audit of the 911 call center proves that Mistele shamefully exploited a tragic murder for political purposes. It is also very clear that Mistele and her supporters are in a panic now that her one bogus issue has been rendered mute.

I wonder how much money Mistele has received from road builders and real estate developers. I would like to see an independent audit of this.

It is very clear that Mistele is a flawed candidate who lacks the moral character to lead our county.

My vote is going to Kathleen Falk who has been an outstanding County Executive.

Have a great day!

observer

Postby observer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:43 pm

As an outsider, I don't really care who wins the election. I have never considered folks around here to be too smart.

But from observation, doesn't it seem a bit contrived that just before an election and an announcement of a lawsuit by the Zimmerman family, that an almost glowing report about the 911 center comes out. I would hope that a reporter would look into this.

Was this the same consultant that was used to do the original audit??? If so, why not. Why isthe public so blinding accepting this report as independent and objective when Falk and friends have made incredible efforts to hide and withhold infomration from the public since the Zimmerman murder. Why has the news media had to file lawsuits to obtain public records from Dane County relating to the 911 center??? 911center employees recently have come out critisizing and bring to light problems wit hthe center and now the center is doing greeat job.

These are legitimate and valid questions an intelligent, educated public should be asking. But folks around here are not asking the obvious questions and demand the information that they need to have informed opinions and decisions about the 911 center.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:45 pm

It is sad to see the extreme right wing shucking and jiving trying to figure out what to do next now that it is clear that our 911 call center is operating at a high level of efficiency as proven by the independent audit. Well, I guess if I didn't have any real issues to run on I would be in a panic too.

Have a great day!

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:15 pm

The fact is...the audit also consisted of dispatcher interviews. The interviews concluded that the overwhelming majority of dispatchers feel that the policies and procedures aren't clear, up-to-date or readily available.

In fact, 96 percent said that different agency protocols are not effective and difficult to remember.

This is indicative of a "high level of effectiveness?"

Have a blissfully ignorant day!

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:34 pm

One can only go on the conclusions of the independent audit. Granted, the audit said there was room for improvement but it said the call center was operating well. The screw ups at the 911 center, which have become the sole basis of the Mistele campaign, were the fault of the operators not Kathleen Falk so it doesn't surprise me that the operators are trying to cover their asses by putting the blame somewhere else.

Why can't the extreme right wing let go of this phony issue and move onto something else. I realize it's difficult when the current executive has been doing overall a good job but exploiting the murder of a young woman is simply disgusting in my opinion.

Have a great day!

Return to “Local Politics & Government”