Nancy "The Quitter" Hates Heroes and Babies

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Nancy "The Quitter" Hates Heroes and Babies

Postby fennel » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:15 am

harrissimo wrote:And when Nancy Mistake frames Kathleen Falk as a murderer. What do you call that Walter?
What do I call that Walter? Why, I dunno. I guess I'd call that Walter "Walter." WWWCTW? (What would Walter call that Walter?)

... Walter, maybe?

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:44 am

white_rabbit wrote:But then I thought, no Sewing with Nancy Nancy loves heroes and babies.

My favorite quote of the year.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:56 am

Here's the thing that bothers me: 911 dispatchers regularly deal with crises that never get into the news. Suddenly, during a 911 Center controversy where Falk has obvious political interests, she holds a formal press conference commending a Center employee.

Not to say, of course, that Mr. Waite didn't perform above-and-beyond (and kudos to him, btw), but where are the ceremonies commending those who have done similarly well outside of this current controversy?

Or was this a uniquely difficult situation for a 911 dispatcher?

mayact4
Forum Addict

Postby mayact4 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:07 pm

I myself have assisted in the delivery of 3 babies over my dispatching career. However, none of them were preemies on the side of the road in cold weather (though one interesting one was in the parking ramp of Meriter Hospital). I received a stork pin for one of them, which is the normal recognition if we have followed all protocols to the scripted letter. Any deviation from the word-by-word script, no matter how slight, no stork pin.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:30 pm

white_rabbit wrote:Sewing with Nancy

What happened to her face, anyways? She always looks like she just got a great big shot of the ol' novacaine on just one side. Was she always like that? If she reads this and gets hurt feelings, I'm sorry, love the show but never sew.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:32 pm

Dust Mite Rodeo wrote:
white_rabbit wrote:Sewing with Nancy

What happened to her face, anyways?

Do you think it's funny to make fun of stroke victims? Maybe we could sew a half a smiley face on her. Would that make you feel more comfortable watching her patch together wonderful designs on her Singer 1000 sewing machine?

Sweet Jesus, some of you people are mean and suck.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:15 pm

What about poor Nancy Mistele? Everyone's being mean to her.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Dust Mite Rodeo wrote:What about poor Nancy Mistele? Everyone's being mean to her.

Maybe if she had partial facial paralysis, she'd be more likable.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:49 am

mayact4 wrote:Any deviation from the word-by-word script, no matter how slight, no stork pin.

No matter how slight? What if the situation is something other than pregnant-woman-delivering-in-a-car? I dunno, what if there's an accident/drunk husband/UFO involved?

Regardless, my point still stands-- stork pin versus press conference? I'm sure it's a very nice stork pin.

Btw, I'm definitely interested in hearing the Meriter parking ramp story-- not to be critical, but just out of curiosity.

Broadsheet
Forum Addict

Postby Broadsheet » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm

Tell you what:

I was home alone one night and all of a sudden started puking large amounts of blood. Ruptured veins in the esophagus (varices), an often fatal situation. I called 911, they did everything right, and the ambulance was here in a flash. My life was saved in the ER; they had to replace a third of my blood.

There are thousands of us out here with stories of successful emergency response like this. To see 911 treated so shabbily makes me furious.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:47 am

Stu Levitan wrote:hey bluethedog --

first of all, this isn't about me. and if you're taking notes and preparing transcript on my tv appearances, you seriously need to get a life. i do love the devotion you show, but it is a little creepy.

people who live in glass houses...

the point about mistele is accurate, none the less

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:23 am

white_rabbit wrote:At first look, I thought the title of this thread was 'Nancy "The Quilter" hates heroes and babies' and thought it was about my own hero, Nancy of 'Sewing with Nancy' fame. But then I thought, no Sewing with Nancy Nancy loves heroes and babies. Then I read the OP and realized the thread wasn't about sweet sewing Nancy, but rather it was about evil land developer Nancy who eats puppies for breakfast.

Nancy Zieman retires

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:44 am

ilikebeans wrote:
mayact4 wrote:Any deviation from the word-by-word script, no matter how slight, no stork pin.

No matter how slight? What if the situation is something other than pregnant-woman-delivering-in-a-car? I dunno, what if there's an accident/drunk husband/UFO involved?

Regardless, my point still stands-- stork pin versus press conference? I'm sure it's a very nice stork pin.

Btw, I'm definitely interested in hearing the Meriter parking ramp story-- not to be critical, but just out of curiosity.

which meriter parking ramp story? the shaggin wagon/election day suck story from back in the day?

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Return to “Local Politics & Government”