Memorial Day honoring the war dead

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby jjoyce » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:54 am

Uncle Jimbo wrote:my money is on the fat fucks to remember why they were swilling


That's quite a gamble.

I do think that it's a sign of the times, pathetic leadership from the White House and Congress and the constantly deteriorating state of what's up in Iraq that not much attention was paid by anyone to Memorial Day.

Not that what you call the left-wing MSM is really the only entity calling significant attention to the sacrifices of the fallen soldiers (Washington Post, New York Times). I don't watch O'Reilly or Hannity, but do you think they spend much time telling the stories of these heroes?

I doubt it.

pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2451
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:18 pm

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:25 am

Didn't ya'll hear? Cindy Sheehan quit. She had it with the attention whore attitude of the far left. She's not interested in sitting in front of city busses or chaining herself to Humvees in order to "prove a point." I’m not sure what the far left is trying to "prove" these days anyway. They seem a little distant from reality.

You all can stop patting each other on the back now; no is paying attention to your shrill feel-good calls to stop humans from acting like humans.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8596
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby thebookpolice » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:28 am

pulsewidth modulation wrote:She had it with the attention whore attitude of the far left.


Huh?

pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2451
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:18 pm

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:51 am

TheBookPolice wrote:
pulsewidth modulation wrote:She had it with the attention whore attitude of the far left.


Huh?


Huh??

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8596
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby thebookpolice » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:58 am

pulsewidth modulation wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:
pulsewidth modulation wrote:She had it with the attention whore attitude of the far left.


Huh?


Huh??


Cute. Are you doing your usual intentional misrepresentation of fact, or are you that illiterate?

Twofer4
Forum Addict
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:50 am

Postby Twofer4 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:06 pm

Uncle Jimbo wrote:It's not my fault if the intolerant hatred of the anti-war left is ugly. That's why I held up the mirror.

Cordially,

Uncle J


Oh the irony! It's so bizarre that UJ doesn't realize how much alike the rabid anti-war left and the myopic war-monger right are here in America. They and their puppies would be no where without each other and their respective media blathering. Sounds like it's time for a group hug!

Uncle Jimbo
Forum Addict
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:06 pm
Location: The Mad City- Downtown
Contact:

Postby Uncle Jimbo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:19 am

Firstly dag,

You could hear me because you came over to the far edge of the protest near the street where I was talking to a friend. There were a couple of other foks asking me questions and you joined right in. They sought me out not the other way around and the only thing I said that was even mildly disruptive was Better day to honor our dead.

If my very presence is a provocation then you folks need counseling and a much better understanding of free speech and the press.

Cordially,

Uncle J

lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:06 pm

Postby lordofthecockrings » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:27 pm

Any particular reason you've ignored every single question and comment I've made on this thread?

Uncle Jimbo
Forum Addict
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:06 pm
Location: The Mad City- Downtown
Contact:

Postby Uncle Jimbo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:02 pm

Feeling left out dude?

[quote]Uncle Jimbo wrote:
I never said my opinion mattered more than anyone elses. My correctness can be judged, I find few arguments based on fact coming my way though.
The correctness of your opinions can be judged? Huh? And what facts have you brought to the table?

Do you know the difference between facts and opinions?
Seriously.[/quote

If I have an opinion on a policy then the relative correctness of that is certainly open to judgment. The only fact I neede to bring was that my right to be in the park and tape the silliness ought to have been unquestioned, but it was not.

OK and your question about how many died fighting Communism, Like it or not Vietnam was a war against Communism that we lost, Grenada a scuffle that we won, and we fought covert and proxy wars all over the world for 40 years.

Cordially,

Uncle J

lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:06 pm

Postby lordofthecockrings » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Uncle Jimbo wrote:OK and your question about how many died fighting Communism.....

Umm....you said that soldiers had died ENDING Communism. Quite a different assertion than the one you just made.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8596
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby thebookpolice » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:00 pm

Uncle Jimbo wrote:The only fact I neede to bring was that my right to be in the park and tape the silliness ought to have been unquestioned, but it was not.


And people who disagree with you...do they or do they not have the right to stand in front of your camera? Or does "freedom of speech" or "freedom of the 'press'" grant you absolute and all-encompassing powers?

Uncle Jimbo
Forum Addict
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:06 pm
Location: The Mad City- Downtown
Contact:

Postby Uncle Jimbo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:38 pm

I readily admit I said what you claim I did and if I had them on tape I would have added them because I'm funny like that. It was said in answer to your question not my provocation.

I am in huge favor of the Military Commissions Act specifically because it expressly legalizes Gitmo and military tribunals for enemy combatants and I am in favor of all that. There you go.

Cordially,

Uncle J

Uncle Jimbo
Forum Addict
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:06 pm
Location: The Mad City- Downtown
Contact:

Postby Uncle Jimbo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:05 pm

For the record,

I was a Special Forces Weapons Sergeant in 1st Group, Ft. Lewis, WA and Okinawa as well as two dozen countries worldwide.

Cordially,

Uncle J

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 22612
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:17 pm

Uncle Jimbo wrote:I was a Special Forces Weapons Sergeant in 1st Group, Ft. Lewis, WA and Okinawa as well as two dozen countries worldwide.

So did you wear the green beret; were you a snake eater? I hear it tastes like chicken.

I also thought you said you served more than one enlistment, but it seems you got out short of the the 20 or so needed for retirement (correct me if I'm wrong).

Why'd you leave early? <just curious>

Uncle Jimbo
Forum Addict
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:06 pm
Location: The Mad City- Downtown
Contact:

Postby Uncle Jimbo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:35 pm

After the Berlin Wall fell they offered early retirement as part of the peace dividend. they accidentally included my job for one month and I took it.

I had jusy been personally involved in our loss in the War on Drugs and so I took the money and ran.

I wasn't interested in speaking at the protest until I caught a ration of s**t. After that I felt less constrained and so I said my piece.

I would have no qualms about debating the war withg any of the folks there or others in the local anti-war movement. Peace Park? James Madison again, whatever, wherever. And it can go up on YouTube end to end let the ideas matter. It seemed to me that some of the folks there didn't want there ideas shown in the light of day beyond their little echo chamber. Tough s**t, there's that pesky Bill of Rights again.

Cordially,

Uncle J


Return to “Local Politics & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests