Memorial Day honoring the war dead

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Thu May 31, 2007 8:40 pm

Uncle Jimbo wrote:I have watched again and reiterate my statement that not one of the speakers made a single homage to the war dead.

The whole event was a narcissistic back-slapping by a bunch of aging baby boomers.

The fact that they want to prevent future war dead means nothing to you?

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Thu May 31, 2007 8:44 pm

Uncle Jimbo wrote:I have watched again and reiterate my statement that not one of the speakers made a single homage to the war dead.

Just a plea to prevent future, unnecessary dead. Shame on them.

Uncle Jimbo
Forum Addict

Postby Uncle Jimbo » Thu May 31, 2007 9:09 pm

If you want to prevent future dead good on ya'me too.

But there are 364 other days to do that. memorial day is to honor the sacrifice of those who died so that 300 people could forget what made it safe for them to gather in the park.

Not one name of one fallen soldier was mentioned and the only prayer given failed to mention anything about the war dead and was simply anti-war BS.

Shameful to not spend even one minute on those who ended slavery, fascism, communism, Japanese Imperialism and deserved at least a mention.

Cordially,

Uncle J

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Thu May 31, 2007 9:13 pm

Uncle Jimbo wrote:anti-war BS

Enough said.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Thu May 31, 2007 9:14 pm

Why don't you direct your ire to those who did absolutely nothing, which I suspect is the majority of the American populace, and just enjoyed a day off of work without regard to those in service, past or present. You should have gone to Brat-Fest and shouted your anger at those downing brats & beers. At least those who are trying to prevent future deaths care. The fat fuckers at Brat Fest getting drunk on pork & beer probably have no idea what the holiday is all about. Jack-wad.

Uncle Jimbo
Forum Addict

Postby Uncle Jimbo » Thu May 31, 2007 9:23 pm

You have a point that there are plenty clueless folks on both sides, but my money is on the fat fucks to remember why they were swilling, the granola eaters failed.

Cordially,

Uncle J

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu May 31, 2007 9:24 pm

white_rabbit wrote:The fat fuckers at Brat Fest getting drunk on pork & beer probably have no idea what the holiday is all about. Jack-wad.

Yeah, but some of them might vote Republican. Jimbo only harasses those who don't vote Republican.[/i]

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Thu May 31, 2007 9:30 pm

Uncle Jimbo wrote: but my money is on the fat fucks to remember why they were swilling, the granola eaters failed.

That just shows your complete contempt for anyone or anything left. The "granola eaters" completely knew what the holiday was all about and were protesting to prevent anymore war deaths. Try to provide some evidence that the brat crunchers had any idea what the holdiay was all about.

By the way, you're a fool.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Thu May 31, 2007 9:39 pm

By the way Jimbo, how are you going to be celebrating Labor Day?

Uncle Jimbo
Forum Addict

Postby Uncle Jimbo » Thu May 31, 2007 9:48 pm

You keep proving my point.

The holiday was not about preventing more war dead, but about at least recognizing the honorable sacrifices of those who died. If you don't have one minute in two hours for that you are not honoring anything but your own emotions.

Cordially,

Uncle J

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Thu May 31, 2007 9:53 pm

Uncle Jimbo wrote:If you don't have one minute in two hours for that you are not honoring anything but your own emotions.

What makes you think everyone gathered at that rally didn't take time during that day to reflect upon the dead? You only observed two hours of hundreds of people's 24 hours and you are casting your conclusions on a whole group of people judged only by your own prejudices.

Why not go over to Brat-Fest and cast your judgements on them? Me and many people were there for over 2 hours and I for one didn't notice one or two minutes of honor for anything but All-American gluttony.

And you keep proving my point that you're a stupid tool.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Thu May 31, 2007 10:00 pm

And by the way, Jimbo, how are you going to celebrate Labor Day? Are you going to take a minute or two to reflect on those workers who lost their life in labor and strife so that America can be the great nation that has become?

lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lordofthecockrings » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:59 am

Uncle Jimbo wrote:....those who ended.....communism....

Yes, thank goodness for all those brave American soldiers who died ending communism.

Huh?

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:44 am

Uncle Jimbo wrote:The holiday was not about preventing more war dead, but about at least recognizing the honorable sacrifices of those who died. If you don't have one minute in two hours for that you are not honoring anything but your own emotions.

Says you. Who died and made you the arbiter of appropriate Memorial Day behaviour?

I'd say the people who used the day to exercise their constitutionally gauranteed right to free speech understood what our war dead sacrificed for a lot better than anyone who thinks they should just shut up and act all sanctimoniously pious out of some misguided sense of 'honor.'

The best way to honor the criminal stupidity behind Vietnam and our current debacle in the desert is to do everything to ensure that more of our friends, families and neighbors are never again sacrificed to the Machiavelian plotting of an arrogant, insulated political elite.

Why you want to carry water for that bunch of assholes is one of the great mysteries of life, Uncle J - considering that they use people like you and toss them away like kleenex.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:52 am

Just so that we're clear:

Protesting war on Memorial Day="nacissistic back-slapping", "playing politics" and dishonoring our fallen troops.

Videotaping the protest so that you can goof on the protesters on your wargiastic website, like you do during the other 364 days of the year, and then trolling for click-throughs on a site's "Local Politics" section=not as bad.
Last edited by nevermore on Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”