Who understands this water business?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Who understands this water business?

Postby jjoyce » Mon May 07, 2007 2:25 pm

http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/local/in ... tid=132555

I'm wondering if this announcement simply lays the groundwork for the firing of David Denig-Chakroff, after the mayor stood by him during the election.

Is that a little paranoid?

Brenda Konkel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Brenda Konkel » Mon May 07, 2007 2:46 pm

Maybe it was in response to this?

Mister_A_In_Madison
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Who understands this water business?

Postby Mister_A_In_Madison » Mon May 07, 2007 11:41 pm

jjoyce wrote:http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/local/index.php?ntid=132555

I'm wondering if this announcement simply lays the groundwork for the firing of David Denig-Chakroff, after the mayor stood by him during the election.

Is that a little paranoid?

From the link:

Denig-Chakroff said of the breakdowns. "Each incident had its own particular issue, things that went wrong. . . . I'm very concerned about them. But like any breakdown in the system, it's an opportunity to fix things."

Yes, I look forward to the next breakdown of my car so that I have an opportunity to fix it!

:roll:

The communication thing just is not happening at the Utility... and it seems to be on many levels.

Last Thursday was a Utility-initiated meeting on Well 10... the same night (and mostly the same time) as the big Transport 2020 meeting that had been planned for quite a while beforehand.

spanky
Forum God/Goddess

Postby spanky » Tue May 08, 2007 12:29 am

Was I the only one who was curious why the Mayor stood by Denig-Chakroff in the beginning? The handling of the first problem was enough to send him packing, what are we, three maybe four water issues deep at this point.

NYC has better drinking water than Madison.

Mister_A_In_Madison
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mister_A_In_Madison » Tue May 08, 2007 6:55 am

spanky wrote:Was I the only one who was curious why the Mayor stood by Denig-Chakroff in the beginning?

No.

I was supposing that the Mayor - politically savvy as he is - was saving Mr. Denig-Chakroff for future use.

pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Tue May 08, 2007 8:03 am

Didn't y'all know... It's next to impossible to fire Madison City bureaucrats. Once they get in, they never leave.

OK, so the city is already planning for a "canine day" at the pool in order to exercise "animal equality," yet the city's water utility can't seem to grasp that the infrastructure it is supposed to be overlooking is crumbling. We have a dumb ass mayor who is obsessed with trolleys. On top of this, Marsha Rummel is already race baiting... Nice priorities there.

BobArctor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby BobArctor » Tue May 08, 2007 8:41 am

I've been in public works as a laborer.

All those pipes malfunction in ways most folks wouldn't guess. Many times I saw a pinhole leak wash right through an eight-inch casting. Water beats steel, too.

The repair costs always seem to get skimped on after the big fancy plant is purchased. It isn't a matter of installing that infrastructure and walking away.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue May 08, 2007 8:46 am

pulsewidth modulation wrote:the infrastructure it is supposed to be overlooking is crumbling

This is an example of how an alarmist rant only leads to wagon-circling and a denial of the actual problems. There are issues with the water utility that get lost when wingers want to include the personal issues they have with the city council.

Also, it's "overseeing" not overlooking.

pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Tue May 08, 2007 9:58 am

xxx

Return to “Local Politics & Government”