Don't Even Think About It!

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Don't Even Think About It!

Postby harrissimo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:17 pm

The mayor should be warned: do not even think about going back on your promise to hold a streetcar referendum.

I voted for Cieslewicz because he won me over despite my strong opposition to streetcars. If he hadn't promised to hold a referendum I would not have voted for him.

If he goes forward with the streetcar project without holding a referendum I will view it as a betrayal.

I am just one little shmuck with no power other than my vote but I will do everything in my power to end his political career. One little shmuck can't do much but if you get a whole lot of obnoxious shmucks like me against you we can turn your life into a living hell.

So Cieslewicz do the right the things and have that referendum.

<predicition>The voters will not approve streetcars</prediction>

bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:26 pm

I don't think HAVING the referendum is in any jeopardy. Like Brenda said in the other thread, it's the WORDING of the referendum that is so important.

Like_Stink
Forum Addict

Postby Like_Stink » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Dave has been rather clear in private conversation that this is going to happen whether the people of Madison want it or not. Little d democracy is not Dave's strong suit.

Daisy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Daisy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:19 pm

Like_Stink wrote:Dave has been rather clear in private conversation that this is going to happen whether the people of Madison want it or not.
Oh for fuck's sake. An anonymous forum poster alleges, without any sort of substantiation whatsoever, that the mayor said something in an unspecified "private conversation."

Pretty convincing case against the guy. :roll:

And Harris: no worries, you'll get your referendum.

spanky
Forum God/Goddess

Postby spanky » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:26 pm

Like_Stink wrote:Dave has been rather clear in private conversation that this is going to happen whether the people of Madison want it or not. Little d democracy is not Dave's strong suit.

Good. I think Dave should grab his mayoral ballsack and build the damn streetcars already.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:04 pm

spanky wrote:Good. I think Dave should grab his mayoral ballsack and build the damn streetcars already.

Maybe he will as soon as he pulls his dick from your mouth.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Don't Even Think About It!

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:34 pm

harrissimo wrote:I am just one little shmuck ...

Don't sell yourself short, Harris.

You're a tremendous shmuck.

Like_Stink
Forum Addict

Postby Like_Stink » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:38 pm

Daisy wrote: Oh for fuck's sake. An anonymous forum poster alleges, without any sort of substantiation whatsoever, that the mayor said something in an unspecified "private conversation."

Pretty convincing case against the guy. :roll:

And Harris: no worries, you'll get your referendum.

Rather difficult to substantiate....and you have no reason to believe it. Like most stuff here. He just said it while he was looking over my shoulder searching for someone more important to talk to. It shouldn't be a shock, though, even if it were something that could be substantiated.

om
Forum Addict

Postby om » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:10 pm

So the mayor is in favor of a binding referendum for the street cars. I'm okay with that. But it's interesting to recall some of the things he's said about binding city referenda in the past:

"That is so different from the way we make laws in this city," he said. "There's a reason for the process we have. It gives us an opportunity to thoroughly examine legislation, to work out details, to get public input and then amend it if appropriate. That process is shut off in the referendum process."

Ahhh! The stench of hypocrisy rising to its full pungency.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Don't Even Think About It!

Postby harrissimo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:24 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:
harrissimo wrote:I am just one little shmuck ...

Don't sell yourself short, Harris.

You're a tremendous shmuck.

Thank you so much Chucky. Put if we use the literal meaning of the Yiddish word "shmuck" then I am afraid "little" is more accurate. You can ask my wife for verification of this. I mean I wish it was otherwise. At least I use what I have well.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:29 pm

t.....m.....i.....

Daisy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Daisy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Like_Stink wrote:Rather difficult to substantiate....and you have no reason to believe it. Like most stuff here. He just said it while he was looking over my shoulder searching for someone more important to talk to.
If in fact he said something like that out loud, I would think it was said in a humorous spirit. I've heard him make an occasional comment with faux-hubris before, and it would be funny precisely because he's not an iron-fist kinda guy. Nor is he politically stupid enough to not realize he serves at the pleasure of the voters.

spanky
Forum God/Goddess

Postby spanky » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:42 pm

harrissimo wrote:
spanky wrote:Good. I think Dave should grab his mayoral ballsack and build the damn streetcars already.

Maybe he will as soon as he pulls his dick from your mouth.

Ewwww. Have you seen where that thing has been?!?!

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:56 pm

Daisy wrote:If in fact he said something like that out loud, I would think it was said in a humorous spirit. I've heard him make an occasional comment with faux-hubris before, and it would be funny precisely because he's not an iron-fist kinda guy. Nor is he politically stupid enough to not realize he serves at the pleasure of the voters.

Hey Thomas what's the story with you and Cieslewicz? Is he like your hero or something? Is he like the big brother you never had? Do you believe he is the second coming of Christ? I mean what's up with your constant sucking up to Mayor Dave? You two got something goin' on? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:58 pm

spanky wrote:

Ewwww. Have you seen where that thing has been?!?![/quote]

What "thing" are you refering to? And thanks for accepting my post with a sense of humour.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”