Peter Muñoz for Mayor

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Who will you vote for as Mayor in the primary?

Peter Muñoz
Will Sandstrom
Ray Allen
Dave Cieslewicz
Total votes: 28

Forum God/Goddess

Peter Muñoz for Mayor

Postby Genie » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:12 am

Here is what Peter Muñoz has to say for himself:

During the first part of our campaign there has been discussion that there is no difference between me and my opponents. This is simply not true. I am neither Republican nor Democrat, nor have any other political party affiliation. I do not have hidden agendas, and always look for the best from the full political spectrum to find common sense solutions that will benefit most Madisonians.

For the past six weeks I have raised many issues that are important to Madison. These include fiscal responsibility in government, affordable housing, lower taxes, jobs that pay a living wage, quality basic services, such as clean water, and safe neighborhoods. I have also discussed what we need to do to improve our environment, an issue my opponents have ignored. Caring about the environment is not just the right thing to do, but it also makes sense because it promotes economic development, which in turn creates jobs that pay a living wage and improve the quality of life for our community.[/b]

Championing environmental initiatives clearly sets me apart from my opponents. During my six years in the Mayorâ??s Office I worked to establish many environmental programs for the City. Among these are the Cityâ??s membership in the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives to reduce greenhouse gasses emissions, membership in USDOEâ??s Clean Cities Program to promote alternative fuels and hybrid vehicles, developed a bicycle program as an alternative to Cityâ??s vehicles use, and joined the Global Action Plan to form Ecoteams, which later evolved into Madisonâ??s Environmental Action Teams (EnAct), just to name a few. To guide these programs I also worked to establish the Cityâ??s Environmental Manager position. Unfortunately during his tenure the mayor eliminated or weakened these programs, including the manager position. It is perplexing to think why the mayor, who supposedly is an environmentalist, has ignored or dismantled these programs. As Mayor I will work to restore them.

As we enter the last few days of the primary campaign, I wanted to inform you of some events that will lead us to next Tuesday.

Friday, February 16th from 6:30pm â?? 7:30pm House Party to be hosted by Thuy Pham-Remmele, District 12 Aldermanic candidate

Saturday, February 17th 2pm â?? Online chat with Peter on AIM: Munoz4Madison

Saturday, February 17th from 4pm â?? 6pm House Party and fundraiser hosted by George Arida

I have already voted for Peter Muñoz by absentee ballot.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:45 am

Clearly, "differentiation" is very important in this race. That's why I voted Sandstrom.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:56 am

Only 4 more days until the spaceship arrives; are you getting excited Genie? Remember to pack toothpaste.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dulouz » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:13 am

If we used IRV, Sandstrom would be my second choice.

Forum Addict

Postby aaronetc » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:59 am

If Dave gets 50%+1 in the primary, is he automatically re-elected or is there still a run-off/general election?

None of the above

Postby psycho » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:38 am

Can I please have a none of the above choice?

or how about Paul Soglin? I don't feel any enthusiasm for this race.

Spoken Word
Forum Addict

Postby Spoken Word » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:22 am

I'm voting for Mayor Dave

Re: None of the above

Postby Ingersoll » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:45 am

psycho wrote:Can I please have a none of the above choice?

or how about Paul Soglin? I don't feel any enthusiasm for this race.

Write in Paul Soglin if you want.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby christopher_robin » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:56 am

I'm writing in Bucky Pope

Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:23 pm

No matter what, there's a general, even if the winner of the primary gets over 50%.

I'm not publicly endorsing, but my prediction is that Munoz is a distant third. As for the above, copyrighted material may not be reproduced on this site. Either scale that down to a fair use amount and provide a link to the rest, or someone will someone here will.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”