County Board -- Who is running where and WHY?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Will the County Board end up more liberal or more conservative?

More Conservative
36%
More Liberal
64%

Total votes: 33

gnarly buttons
Forum Addict

Postby gnarly buttons » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:18 pm

Daisy wrote:
The Hierophant wrote:Looks like Don's got a rapsheet (at least a few of these have got to be him):

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/pager.do;jsess ... ction=DESC
HEY!! Cut that shit out. :D

I ain't no Eggert fan, but have had my own rapsheet posted here, and next thing you know you're explaining yourself to reporters.

Totally sucks.

extradite! extradite! extradite!

dimebag

Postby dimebag » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:45 pm

There is no denying that the Realtor collective contributed to DePula's first campaign. In this case, you are accurately quoting the public record.

Your other comments have clearly been less pure in nature with a determined goal of influencing others in how they view Mr. DePula.

Earlier in this thread you were asked to provide concrete evidence of Mr. DePula's voting record in the very short time he was on the board. I think you will be hard pressed to find more than 1 or 2 votes that could loosely be described as conservative. You failed to provided this information.

On the other hand, we now have a city Affordable Housing Trust Fund largely due to Patrick's efforts.

He has been working on, and supporting, the mayor's IZ plan from the beginning.

He's on the steering committee of Progressive Dane. Oh yeah, I forgot that Progressive Dane was a Republican funded front for the development industry. And Micahel Jacob is really Terrence Wall. Think about it. Have you ever seen the two of them in the same place together?

Point is: The issue is not about who's a conservative and who's not. If anything, we have learned that at least some people can't be bought. If Patrick was in their pockets...would he have actively campaigned against them? Several times? Somehow, I doubt it. :)

"I criticized his public record. I didn't get personal like some have here, or try to destroy him, personally."

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:26 pm

well, it looks like the p.d.c. prison ministry has been going at full tit -- good for them.

what i'd like to know is who is running against wilcox and why. i was present to howl and screech during her first bid for office against an incumbent of wider background and better accessibility and tolerance on issues (plus fellow wobbly), but in the time since she has had one of the more intriguing careers on the board and if i didn't always support wilcox, i appreciated knowing where she stood and the political intrigue behind the scenes and in front. at one time more than half of the c.d. political party gang lived in that district and i heard lots about it.

i am aware of the status of the xvi. district race as of 19. november 2003 and am always curious about that one. intended as a smart-aleck remark as it may have been, it may be indeed be true that the fucken witch does represent the remarkable inertia of that region of the county very well. gawenda's 1994 election was like the fourth or fifth incumbent defeat since 1900 for that part of madison and town of blooming grove.

we don't get the madison papers here for all common purposes because of the hit-and-miss nature of the m.n.i. web site and i won't be back until long after the first of the year is why i don't know much more than the name of the opponent. myself, the organisation, family, and others wish a best chanukah, christmas, orthodox/uniate christmas, winter solstice, nomination papers due date, and new year/new year's eve and belated eid al-fitr/ramadan, st nicholas day, u.s. thanksgiving, and 27. november to all concerned.
Last edited by gozer on Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:34 pm

Daisy wrote:
jjoyce wrote:Forgive me this aside, but are you unaware of local pols who run for office as an ego inflating exercise?
Not at all. I was referring to the neighborhood grunt work done by someone not holding office, while there were no cameras around. Not, that is, the act of running for office, which admittedly has an ego component in this as in all cases.
jjoyce wrote:Suggesting that the business of local politics is without vanity is like saying the same about the performing arts.
Of course. Our politicians, arts orgs, and the self-proclaimed guardians of truth and arbiters of cool in local newsweeklies are all about vanity.

I admit it.

yes i agree.
i know what i want
and i want it now

...to an extent

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:42 pm

i really wish john matthews would get his arse in gear.

is he too busy with county board races to assure a bloody, resource-munching primary for his declared enemies on the school board? i know lots of people are afraid of robarts*, but for christ's sake!

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:50 pm

gnarly buttons wrote:
roadkill bill wrote:And who is going to replace Carole McGuire?

Well, for McGuire's seat:
Andy Kraiss (PD-er)
David De Felice (Dem staffer for Sen. Spencer Coggs)
and some other Dem with a last name spelled something like: Zxefferlinnngger, or whatnot.

The last two seem like strong candidates.
Andy Kraiss ... nice kid, just not engaging?

i'm glad to hear those i had heard of, and more, stuck and went through with it. bury that shithead mc guire's political career in the weeds off femrite drive once and for all, as it should have been in 1986. fucken' a!

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:56 pm

Chet wrote:
It looks like the Dane County Dems are squealing about being victimized by having PD opponents against two of their incumbents:
Wilcox and Eggert

From what I understand, Judy Wilcox is not a member of the Democratic Party

it's a little more subtle than that; she's not a republican, and she is manifestly not, or no longer, the p.d.c. favourite for that seat -- so what does that make her by default, having the supporters she usually has?

HansGrÃŒber

Postby HansGrÃŒber » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:42 pm

roadkill bill wrote:There is also a mad rush in the 10th where Karen Cornwell is stepping down.

My question is: Why is PD doing endorsements before they know everyone who is running? The final list of candidates won't be known until the paperwork is due in early January.

You are assuming this is a logical process, and an open one.

I for one wouldn't want to mess with a party run by convicts and other political violence suspects. Hate the Dems if you want, but if Bigelow is our biggest piece of scum in Dane County and Sostarich over here, that says volumes.

Why someone who theoretically cannot vote is running an endorsement racket, search me. And to the censorious felonious punk here, let me say, I have the dirt, so bring it on, bitch! Crybaby stalker asshole.

The Hierophant

Postby The Hierophant » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:38 pm

HansGrÃ?ÂŒber wrote:I for one wouldn't want to mess with a party run by convicts and other political violence suspects. Hate the Dems if you want, but if Bigelow is our biggest piece of scum in Dane County and Sostarich over here, that says volumes.

Why someone who theoretically cannot vote is running an endorsement racket, search me. And to the censorious felonious punk here, let me say, I have the dirt, so bring it on, bitch! Crybaby stalker asshole.
My, my!
I believe I recognize the barking of one, Mr. Eggert.

HansGrÃ?ÂŒber wrote:Hate the Dems if you want, but if Bigelow is our biggest piece of scum in Dane County and Sostarich over here, that says volumes.

Please! correct syntax!

HansGrÃ?ÂŒber wrote:felonious punk

Brother of thelonious Monk?

HansGrÃ?ÂŒber wrote:I for one wouldn't want to mess with a party run by convicts
You're referring to the party of Gary George, Kevin Shibilski, Chuck Chvala, etc.
Oh, you're right, they're not convicts ... yet.

Rush Limbaugh

Postby Rush Limbaugh » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:58 pm

Whoa!

Am I tripping or is this more left-on-left fighting! Does it get better than that?

:twisted: bwa-ha-ha-ha! :twisted:

dimebag

Postby dimebag » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:24 pm

No Rush, I think it's more like Left on Left-out fighting. Or Left on Loser.

I've only had the displeasure of Eggert's company a couple of times. I find it remarkable he has not been found hanging naked from a rope in his apartment with a bottle of spilled whiskey and a tear stained photo of Al Gore laying on the floor.

He is surely a tragic character. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

Rush Limbaugh wrote:Whoa!

Am I tripping or is this more left-on-left fighting! Does it get better than that?

:twisted: bwa-ha-ha-ha! :twisted:

The Hierophant

Postby The Hierophant » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:27 pm

dimebag wrote:tear stained photo of Al Gore laying on the floor.

No, no, no. That's cum-stained photo of Al Gore.

dimebag

Postby dimebag » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:02 pm

Uh, that's not very nice. You're assuming that Don Eggert is biologicaly equipped to cause such moisture damage to the photo.

The c word is not appropriate for the forum!

The Hierophant wrote:
dimebag wrote:tear stained photo of Al Gore laying on the floor.

No, no, no. That's cum-stained photo of Al Gore.

Minty Fresh
Forum Addict

Postby Minty Fresh » Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:19 pm

HansGrÃ?ÂŒber wrote:Why someone who theoretically cannot vote is running an endorsement racket, search me.
I'm missing the insider reference. Who can't vote and is running such a racket?
HansGrÃ?ÂŒber wrote:And to the censorious felonious punk here, let me say, I have the dirt, so bring it on, bitch! Crybaby stalker asshole.
Missed that one, too. Among us various crybabypunkassholes, did you have anyone in particular in mind? Just curious.

CensoriousFelonious

Postby CensoriousFelonious » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:09 pm

HansGrÃ?ÂŒber wrote:And to the censorious felonious punk here, let me say, I have the dirt, so bring it on, bitch!
I, Censorious Felonious, your Emperor and Soveriegn, am aghast that you would deign utter such foul words of derision at My Royal Personage as "punk" and "bitch," you baseborn whelpling!
I would have your head on a pike by nightfall!
"Bitch," indeed!

Bend the knee and beg forgiveness!

Return to “Local Politics & Government”