Fucking A

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Fucking A

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Or in honor of Tuli, Fugging A.

Appeals court tosses FCC fleeting expletives policy

A federal appeals court on Tuesday found that a government policy that can lead to broadcasters being fined for allowing even a single curse word on live television is unconstitutionally vague.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan tossed out the Federal Communications Commission's policy after finding that it violates the First Amendment.

In 2004, the FCC adopted a policy that profanity referring to sex or excrement is always indecent.

I assume since this ruling is a setback for government regulation, conservatives will applaud it.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Fucking A

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:48 pm

Holy dick shit pussy tits. That's some fucky cock fuck shit goin' on.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
I assume since this ruling is a setback for government regulation, conservatives will applaud it.

I suspect Libertarians will applaud. However, I suspect social conservatives will condemn the decision as an example of continued erosion of the moral fiber of the United States by activist judges and use it as an example of why senate Republicans should continue to filibuster Obama's appointees to the court.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:34 pm

George Carlin is not rolling over in his grave.
No surprise there.

Return to “TV”