Channel 15 My New Favorite for News

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?
shyguy

Channel 15 My New Favorite for News

Postby shyguy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:02 am

I have to say that I've finally settled on Channel 15 as my favorite station, from early morning to 10pm. The current "talent" at the Madison stations for "news" is not that great, but I feel like Sarah, Christine, Carleen and Leigh have the most to offer. John Stofflet at 6 and 10 is a little stiff. Weather with Charlie Shortino and David George is at least average, and they're both pretty funny. But these people have personalities and seem like real people, and those 4 women are top notch, both delivering the news and also just as regular people.

Channel 3 - Eric Franke was a good sports guy. The women there are awful, smarmy things for the most part - Susan Siman, Terri Barr. Mark Koehn is good. I like the weather guys the best, but can do w/o Karin Swanson and Haddie. Rob and Charlotte in the AM are okay.

Channel 27 - tabloid journalism, that is the producer and news director's fault I suppose, but Greg Jeschke is perfect delivering that kind of stuff, perfectly bad. The morning talking heads are awful, Roland and Barbara. Morning weather guy is good, Brian Olson. The revolving cast of female talent is unremarkable.

Anyway, what do you say, aren't Sarah, Christine, Carleen and Leigh the best?

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:46 am

I say, take a year off of television, maybe two, spend the recovered time at the library, reading things you discover by accident, then come back and re-evaluate your preferences. Now, if it's not T.V. you're referring to, well, just do it anyway.

Anyone who is locked into "channels" has a hard upstream swim before her to reach deeper waters. Don't thrash. Don't swallow. Keep an even stride. Embrace the resisting current. Let it wash over you.

Once you're out of the manure lagoon, dive deep.

Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:48 am

15 rules for mornings. Charlie & Christine are a riot. That woman will say anything.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:06 am

Paco wrote:15 rules for mornings. Charlie & Christine are a riot. That woman will say anything.

Ditto. I wake a bit earlier, so I can take a little pain-killer, and wait for my aches and pains to subside, while I watch these guys.

Charlie alerts me, well ahead of time, to stock up, way before the storm, so I can avoid standing in the checkout line, with idiots, who just realized they need 12 rolls of TP.

Glenn Lloyd is my favorite feature. Pets are my second.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Channel 15 My New Favorite for News

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:12 am

shyguy wrote:Channel 27...Morning weather guy is good, Brian Olson. The revolving cast of female talent is unremarkable.

I have Ch. 27 set on the TV alarm to wake me up, because I hate Barbara Whatserface so goddamn much that I have to wake up to turn it down. And I thought Tara Arnold was obnoxious.

Moland, I don't really care about one way or the other.

But Brian Olson the Weather Nerd is mediocre at best. The new weather babe they have, whose name escapes me, is jarringly good. A natural. And she's kinda cute.

christopher_robin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby christopher_robin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:17 am

TheBookPolice wrote:
shyguy wrote:Channel 27...Morning weather guy is good, Brian Olson. The revolving cast of female talent is unremarkable.

I have Ch. 27 set on the TV alarm to wake me up, because I hate Barbara Whatserface so goddamn much that I have to wake up to turn it down. And I thought Tara Arnold was obnoxious.

Moland, I don't really care about one way or the other.

But Brian Olson the Weather Nerd is mediocre at best. The new weather babe they have, whose name escapes me, is jarringly good. A natural. And she's kinda cute.

Kelly Curran.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:47 pm

shyguy wrote:Channel 3... The women there are awful, smarmy things for the most part - Susan Siman, Terri Barr.

I can handle Siman, but not Barr. Way too much inappropriate giggling. Probably just a nervous habits, but it needs to stop.

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:10 pm

I never watch local news, but if I do turn it on out of morbid curiosity, I definitely prefer to see Carleen Wild.

aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Postby aaron » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:19 pm

I've always found Carleen Wild to be both professional and very hot to look at.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:37 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
shyguy wrote:Channel 3... The women there are awful, smarmy things for the most part - Susan Siman, Terri Barr.

I can handle Siman, but not Barr. Way too much inappropriate giggling. Probably just a nervous habits, but it needs to stop.

The early morning zoo is mangy and molting.
Rob Starbuck and a woman I can never remember the name of.
So horrifically bland and vacuous, I can't stop watching.

Return to “TV”