Home Shopping Network

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Home Shopping Network

Postby TAsunder » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:28 pm

So apparently there is some regulation where a cable company can force cable cards and cable tuners to tune to a certain station when there is a weather alert or "kid gone missing" alert. So far so good. Therefore my cable cards have been changing stations in the past few weeks during weather alerts. I won't get into the ludicrosity of the weather alert system.

What I want to know is, why in the fuck does Charter make my cable cards tune to the home shopping network during a weather alert? Are these fools that incompetent, or what? That was a rhetorical question. It's annoying enough that my DVR interrupts recording for weather alerts. Imagine how annoying it is for my DVR to tune home shopping network for 5 seconds instead of whatever I was recording!?

"The world is ending! A tornado is 20 miles away from you and not coming any closer! Go do some shopping!"

massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:15 pm

No shit, is that what that is? I've always wondered about that. Sounds like Charter is putting us all in danger-- class action lawsuit?

Return to “TV”