"Dirty Jerbs" w/ Mike Rowe

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

"Dirty Jerbs" w/ Mike Rowe

Postby supaunknown » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:01 pm

Dirty Jobs
Tuesdays @ 8pm
Discovery Channel 40

This show is friggin' awesome. Every episode they visit about 3 different jobs that most people would consider 'dirty' (exps: ostrich farmer, charcoal manufacturer, pest control, etc.). Mike Rowe is the excellent host. You probably don't remember him from TBS's short-lived Worst Case Scenario. He's really REALLY good - funny, quick, and admittedly sexy. He's also not afraid to get his hands dirty. Each week these various jobsites put him to work and through the ringer. He (and his crew) usually ends up covered in some kind of shit.

AmyW
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AmyW » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:35 pm

They were in Madison a while ago doing an episode segment on septic tank cleaning. They also cleaned the grease traps at one of the elementary schools, Chavez, I think.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:22 pm

Have they done this job yet?
{shudder}

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:32 pm

AmyW wrote:They were in Madison a while ago doing an episode segment on septic tank cleaning. They also cleaned the grease traps at one of the elementary schools, Chavez, I think.

The Honey Wagon! I see it stopping at the McDonald's in Oregon every now and then. It's quite a mental image.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:30 pm

(sneaky self promotion alert)

The legal monkeys at Discovery Channel corporate have booted one. They let "We Care A Lot" get away from them. I know it's just TV, but let 'em know it was a stupid move. The link's in my post linked above.

Return to “TV”