What's the worst class of advertisement on the tube today?

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

What's the most offensive class of advertisement on the tube today?

Beer ads. If I want tits 'n' ass, I'll buy Penthouse, thank you.
2%
Feminine sprays and vaginal creams. If I want a graphic descriptions of cunts, I'll stick to Penthouse Forum, thank you.
6%
Those "ask your doctor" ambiguous pharmaceutical ads. What, are we all fucking retarded hypochondriacs?
55%
Fucking car ads. Quit plundering my music collection to sell your shitty SUVs!
34%
"As seen on tv" ads. Of course it's "as seen on tv," it's a tv ad! I wanna see that chef amputate his right arm and still slice that tomato paper-thin!
4%

Total votes: 53

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:00 pm

Don't make me pull this minivan over!!

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:50 pm

Threads like this are why DVRs were invented.

30-second skip button is king. WELL worth all the thousands of pennies I pay to have one.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:23 pm

Whopa!!!
4 pages? I clicked on 4th page and got this message:
No Posts Exist For This Subject.
Until now.
I have seen a glimpse of the future and is empty.
I'm frightened.

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:44 pm

Black Friday sale commercials. JC fucking Penney is opening at 4 A fucking M to accomodate the onslaught.

lifelongmadison
Forum Addict

Annoying ads

Postby lifelongmadison » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:34 pm

"BILLY MAYS HERE FOR BAM, ZAP, CUT, CLEAN, SLICE, DICE, MOP UP, SUCK UP, KILL, GUT AND GRILL IT!
The MOST annoying pitchguy ever.
Or, Why does a British accent give one instant credibility?
Oh I long for the days of that sycophantic four eyed geek- It does what?! AMAZING! It Costs HOW MUCH?! BOO!!! WE CAN DO BETTER FOLKS, CAN'T WE?! (as the camera pans over the fifty odd geriatric droolers in the 'audience'....

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:57 pm

Oprah wrote:Black Friday sale commercials. JC fucking Penney is opening at 4 A fucking M to accomodate the onslaught.

And the fact that those ads create lines that start at 1:30AM, which creates news content for morning TV shows with local and national camera crews showing up at midnight to set up cameras to interview those who have lined up in tents outside a store that is having a sale at 4 A fucking M in the morning.

If I was a terrorist...

towanda
Forum Addict

Postby towanda » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:58 am

There should be a cable channel that runs nothing but commercials for products that relieve unpleasant personal hygiene/health issues, and all commercials for those products should be shown nowhere but on that channel.

Most annoying commercials #1: the male enhancement product commercial with the sweaty dancing woman in a red tube top and the geeky-looking moron leering at her from the bar.

Most annoying commercial #2: the series of ads for the Channel 15 morning show that has the cast talking about how they stir their coffee or do their hair or get to work or whatever other inane drivel that makes me completely uninterested in their show.

Return to “TV”