NO: IT U LOVE

What books, zines or other pulp are you reading? What aren't you reading? What should everyone else read?
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

NO: IT U LOVE

Postby blunt » Wed May 21, 2008 5:18 pm

40 DAYS AND 40 NIGHTS: Darwin, Intelligent Design, God, Oxycontin??, and Other Oddities on Trial in Pennsylvania By Matthew Chapman

Wow.
I wish to Intelligent Designer that this was mandatory reading in our schools.
Funny, insightful, fascinating, right on.
Highly recommended.
And it has one of the few author photos that don't make me look for someone to hold my hair while I barf.
(Alas I coudn't find it online.....but checking the book out just for this picture is almost worth it.)

(from powells.com):
[color=green]In Kitzmiller v. Dover Board of Education, decided in late 2005, a Republican judge rendered a surprising verdict in a case that pitted the teaching of intelligent design (sometimes known as "creationism in a lab coat") against the teaching of evolution. Taking place in a small Pennsylvania school district, the case had national repercussions, all the way up to President Bush, who said he believed intelligent design should be taught as "an alternative theory" to evolution.

Matthew Chapman, the great-great-grandson of Charles Darwin, spent several months covering the trial from beginning to end. Through his in-depth encounters with the participantsâ€â€

Sideshow Bob
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed May 21, 2008 8:15 pm

Fear and Loathing in Pennsylvania.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Tue May 27, 2008 5:10 pm

What is this oft repeated lameocity from unintelligent creationists offended at evolving from monkeys?
I don't give a flying fuck (at least until I grow wings) about whether or not I descended from monkeys or piles of steaming kiwi dung or a drawer of silverware.
Who cares?
We're here, we're queer, get used to it.

Return to “Books”