further pimpification

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.
kicksville

further pimpification

Postby kicksville » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:35 am

Howdy y'all -

Yeah, I know I already posted this in the local music section, but it would be a dereliction of my Official Pimping Duties if I didn't try and turn out everyone I can. So, on with the pimping:

The new Kicksville release, The Singles - Season 4 started Sept. 20. As always, the downloads are free. Yes! I said free! And they sound friggin' great too....this ain't no basement production. In the immortal words of Frank Zappa: Trust me - you'll love it.

http://kicksville.bandcamp.com/album/th ... s-season-4

Here's the elevator pitch for the first three tunes:
#1 is sorta like Yiddish trip-hop with a beat-boxer but not
#2 is sung in Zulu and is a bastardized techno thing but not
#3 let's just say we're not knife-wielding maniacs....we swear

We have appearances by Vusi Mhlongo (The Lion King), Ben Surman (Jack DeJohnnette), and Grammy-winner Jay Frigoletto, not to mention local luminaries like Andy Ewen, Biff Blumfumgagnge, and Geoff Brady.

For the new kids, here's how the Singles thing works: We release a new track every Tuesday. At the end of the "season" you can get a CD/DVD with all the music (duh), videos, liner notes, and all sorts of goodies.

Simple, right? Now go listen!

thanks,
Conrad

Return to “Hype Exchange”