The Shabelles + Ladyscissors @ Mickey's FRI 8/19

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

The Shabelles + Ladyscissors @ Mickey's FRI 8/19

Postby supaunknown » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Hello mudder, hello fodder
Here I am at Camp Grenada

Punks, fools, Blaskas and Mahers ...
Announcing an event the likes of which has often been seen in Madison. An entertainment extravagoonza. SOME F'IN BANDS!

Ladyscissors are up first. They're the brand new project of Stephanie Rearick, Lorrie Hurckes, and Brent George. Part rockabilly and part rabbit! An exhaustive web search resulted in lots of confusing photos of women with intertwined legs.

The Shabelles will mop up. We will be breaking in our new drummer, TJ Beebe. Say his name! Fun, eh?

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Shabelles + Ladyscissors @ Mickey's FRI 8/19

Postby rrnate » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:24 am

Let's talk about this one a little more. I could use some guidance on etiquette.

Let's say you're in the second band in a two band bill - how much can you drink while the first band is playing? Two drinks? Two drinks and maybe two shots? Perhaps we can hypothetically mention that you play keyboard in this second band, though you're not exactly really a "keyboardist" by trade. Does this change how much you should drink?

If you're wearing a nice shirt and tie, does that have a mitigating effect on the previous answers?

I'm in a bind here, guys. Help me out.

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:58 am

I think it would be most professional if you were sober.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm not looking for a pie-in-the-sky dream here Kyle, I'm talking real-world realities. C'mon!

Toonces
Forum Addict

Postby Toonces » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:35 pm

rrnate wrote:... though you're not exactly really a "keyboardist" by trade.

Does this mean you still play one-handed? If so, hold back on the heavy drinking during the first band since you will most likely be constantly holding a drink in one hand while playing with the other. That sounds weird...we're talking playing keyboards here, people!

To be clear, heavy drinking involves shots and/or more than a couple drinks. Also, if you are wearing a nice shirt and tie and look sharp and not disheveled, you will appear less drunk, so that will only help. So, when you need to go to the bathroom, take a look in the mirror. If your shirt and tie still look nice, keep drinkin'!*

*This real-world reality only applies if the first band plays a reasonable-length set.

Signed,

Toonces
"Bringing you real-world realities since 1973"

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:43 pm

When Judgement Day cometh, I might have to make an attempt to explain away a bunch of drunken gigs.

St. Peter: "On 9 separate performance occasions in 1997 alone, your blood alcohol content was higher than that of a boiled owl. Several patrons of those shows blamed you personally for ruining their entire evening. What say you in your defense?"

Me: "I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"

My explanation is only meant to temporarily confuse St. Peter until I can melt him with my pretty eyes.
Last edited by supaunknown on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:49 pm

When did we get so old and responsible we are debating how much to drink while playing a rock show?

I say FIRE IT UP RRRRRRRRRRNATE. Then make Schabow buy you a cab.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:50 pm

Toonces wrote:
rrnate wrote:... though you're not exactly really a "keyboardist" by trade.

Does this mean you still play one-handed? If so, hold back on the heavy drinking during the first band since you will most likely be constantly holding a drink in one hand while playing with the other. That sounds weird...we're talking playing keyboards here, people!

To be clear, heavy drinking involves shots and/or more than a couple drinks. Also, if you are wearing a nice shirt and tie and look sharp and not disheveled, you will appear less drunk, so that will only help. So, when you need to go to the bathroom, take a look in the mirror. If your shirt and tie still look nice, keep drinkin'!*

*This real-world reality only applies if the first band plays a reasonable-length set.

Signed,

Toonces
"Bringing you real-world realities since 1973"

Once again, Toonces brings the truth and proves hisself to be the most qualified as my Life Coach.

(Also - I had some Macallan 12 Year last night - it was awesome!)

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:51 pm

minicat wrote:When did we get so old and responsible we are debating how much to drink while playing a rock show?

I say FIRE IT UP RRRRRRRRRRNATE. Then make Schabow buy you a cab.

I have been that old since I was like, 23. It's an internal debate that doesn't really have anything to do with what actually happens, but it rages on, nonetheless.

Your advice has been duly noted MC.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:58 pm

supaunknown wrote:When Judgement Day cometh, I might have to make an attempt to explain away a bunch of drunken gigs.

I have unique and completely understandable explanations for each and every instance like this. When Judgement Day cometh, I will share a well-designed PowerPoint presentation with data to back me up.

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:24 pm

WWSD?
schabowsmall.JPG
schabowsmall.JPG (24.01 KiB) Viewed 516 times

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 pm

I think I've still got an old beer bong I took from some high school girls last year in the trunk of the squad car. I'll bring it by for you silky boys.

The ride to detox is free. The rest is on you. Choose wisely.

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 am

Walter wrote:I think I've still got an old beer bong I took from some high school girls last year in the trunk of the squad car. I'll bring it by for you silky boys.

"How Schabow Got His Beer Bong Back"

Schabow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Schabow » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:36 am

Minicat...where the hell did you get that picture? Is that when I passed out at The King Club or when I passed out at The Annex or when I passed out at Dennys? Wherever it was, it had to have been awhile ago as I was sporting the "cop" goatee.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:37 am

Kyle Motor wrote:
Walter wrote:I think I've still got an old beer bong I took from some high school girls last year in the trunk of the squad car. I'll bring it by for you silky boys.

"How Schabow Got His Beer Bong Back"

I can only hope that when this inevitably is turned in to a movie, the antics include Schabow going undercover as a fat grannie.

Return to “Hype Exchange”