Prof. Wagstaff wrote: the dose makes the poison, then I give up too.
Such a common misconception.
People think that these horrible diseases are just bad luck, that you get cancer or alzheimer's from some unknown lottery's chance.
Really it's the opposite, it's the aggregation of continually poisoning the body one tiny miniscule dose at a time, repeatedly every day, week after week, year after year, until the body is severely damaged.
So yeah, have a bag of microwave popcorn once a year and nothing will happen. But a bag each week, in combination with the aspartame in your diet coke, the dioxins in animal fats, and the manganese in your drinking water, and the sodium laurel sulphate in your toothpaste, and the parabens in your moisturizer, and the petrochemicals in your household cleaners, and the perfluorooctanoic acid in your teflon pan, and the pesticides on your vegetables, and the phthalates in your plastics, and the benzene in your scented candle, and the brominated fire retardant in your mattress and sofa, and the aluminum in your anti-perspirant, and the mercury in your fillings, and the PCBs in your salmon, and the VOCs in your carpet, and the asbestos in your insulation...
It's the accumulation of these "micro-doses" that over time give you serious disease.
So to look at any of these environmental toxins and say, "No big deal, it's too small to hurt me," is ignorant and foolish.