big reds steaks

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
Rozydog

big reds steaks

Postby Rozydog » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:53 pm

Anyone know what's up with this place?

http://www.bigredssteaks.com/updates.html

WE"RE GETTING A PERMANENT STOREFRONT!!! Big Red's has just found a permanent store location, beginning March 2008. We will be taking the place of the Caspian Cafe, located at 610 University Ave.

Is the Caspian Cafe really closing?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: big reds steaks

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:59 pm

Rozydog wrote:Is the Caspian Cafe really closing?

I thought the little strip mall where the Caspian Cafe is (was) located was going to be torn down for a bigger development. I heard that last year, but that was before the housing/mortgage/economic downturn.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Re: big reds steaks

Postby fennel » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:06 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Rozydog wrote:Is the Caspian Cafe really closing?

I thought the little strip mall where the Caspian Cafe is (was) located was going to be torn down for a bigger development. I heard that last year, but that was before the housing/mortgage/economic downturn.

That was two years ago, at least. They were in that sad little strip mall that gave way to the sad condo-mall colossus at 777 University. Caspian is now a block east, near the corner of Frances.

I find the Caspian's food rather bland, though I've always been treated well there. It would be a little sad to see them give way to another generic meat stand.

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”