Milwaukee on a Sunday

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:01 pm

I like it too.

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:56 am

juanton wrote:I fucking love Conejitos. Muy bueno y el cheap gas-o.

I just had to offer up the other end of the spectrum from Briquette Cafe.

Oh man, there so many things wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. First off, why the fake Spanish, flake? "el cheap gas-o?" What?! I mean, ol' Shep just came off two months knockin' on puertas for nuestro amigo Mitt fucking Romney and we all see how that turned out. Rather than a phat government job in the Department of Spanish Affairs or some shit, all I got out of it was drunk. Borrrrrracho! So quite frankly when someone thinks they can just throw an "o" on the end of a word to make "it sound Mexican" it gets under my skin a little bit, dooood. I mean I don't expect everyone to be fluent but it's the age of the internet, pancho. Google "cheap gas in Spanish" and you'll probably come up with the correct phrase. Until then, put it away.

Second. You talk about "the other end of the spectrum." What "spectrum" are we referring to? What does it measure? What are the units of measurement, it's high end and low end? I don't know. And from reading your half-witted post, I still have no fucking idea. The "spectrum" of Good Restaurants? Well, if that's the case I'd place Cone's down at a solid 2-3. Pedro's at 0 and Riviera Maya or Frontera Grill in Chicago at a 9 or 10. That's my spectrum, Chachi. Do you like it? Scratch that. I don't care if you like it, because I am in control of this thread. Whether or not you like it is immaterial.

Third. What in the name of God's Holy and Most High Living Fuck is the "Briquette Cafe?" I will never know, and I will never know how it compares to Conejito's (or any other place) for you have not given me a frame of reference.

A few more questions for you: one: have you ever stepped to the Shep before? Two: do you know any other forumers, socially or otherwise, who have stepped to the Shep? Three: do you have any idea what you have just done, invoking the Shep's ire? You are now on list, Chachi. Shep OUT.

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:38 am

Sheppy wrote:Frontera Grill

Ha ha ha. Rick Bayless? Dude, mexican cuisine is supposed to be simple, like the brains of the pigs on that farm of yours in Iowa. Oh man, you are pure 100% gringo, I'd even step as far as saying yuppie gringo with that Frontera yapping coming off of your keyboard. Give it up. I'll step anywhere I want you blow hard retard.

Meat, small amounts of vegetables, some sort of tortilla. Don't fuck with it gringo.

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:42 am

juanton wrote:
Sheppy wrote:Frontera Grill

Ha ha ha. Rick Bayless? Dude, mexican cuisine is supposed to be simple, like the brains of the pigs on that farm of yours in Iowa. Oh man, you are pure 100% gringo, I'd even step as far as saying yuppie gringo with that Frontera yapping coming off of your keyboard. Give it up. I'll step anywhere I want you blow hard retard.

Meat, small amounts of vegetables, some sort of tortilla. Don't fuck with it gringo.

Oh I see how it is now. Most of these chachis just roll over but this is a plucky one. I see how it is. Well I'm ready for a full blown, full on, full frontal assault. Yeah, I'm a gringo, but that doesn't mean I demand satisfaction like Zorro, dood. I'll slash you up every single which way till Sunday with my verbal assaults (I'll get to you later, Paco) till you don't even remember what began this shit and how you ended up in this mess. I've got the weekend free, so I've got plenty of time to come on here and show you who's running the show around here, gringo. And most of next week too, cuz on account of tryna find a job n' shit. So I've got time, pancho. Time to make you sorry you ever stepped to the Shep on this one.

Gringo? Not really into Mexican food? Someone is going to come on here, say they "love" Conejito's, and then lecture me on cuisine? I don't have time for this shit, man. I don't have much tolerance for your ad hominem attacks, you self-righteous, bloated, delusional drunken sack a' shit. "least come back with something better than "retard." I mean is this third grade? IS this elementary school? I passed fifth grade, cheese-wiz.

I don't think you understand, man, no matter what the topic I will win. Politics. Cuisine. Music. Economics. Relationships. Work Life. Flip through my repertoire on this page and you will see that when Shep enters into a test of wits, an argument to determine who is right and who is wrong, Sheppy wins. Every. Time. Sheppy. OUT.

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:09 am

Paco wrote:I like it too.

Paco:

Because you have been a trusted ally, and have earned your place in my Executive Circle, I will not thrash you like the other common pond scum who express a liking for this mediocre bar/restaurant. But I am disappointed. I am disappointed because most people who call themselves, proudly, Friends of Sheppy (FOS) have a good taste in cuisine. It's all part of being in The Club. I don't enforce total conformity among my rank and file. You know this. But when you have a seat in my Executive Circle, the second highest level of Sheppy's favor, I expect more. I demand more.

I am carefully weighing your punishment. You have not said that you "love" Conejito's. You have said that you "like" it. You also have said nothing along the lines of how you "can't get enough" of their food, nor have you been uttered anything as completely ludricous, not to mention obsequious and vacuous, as "their paper plates are a nice touch."

However, you have said that you like Conejito's. I cannot accept this among a member of my Executive Circle. Therefore, you have been demoted, effective immediately, to Sheppy's Gold Medal Club. If you express a liking for Conejito's again, I will be forced to demote you to my Silver Club. If you express your liking for another restaurant that Sheppy does not like .... well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, 2 Pac.

This is all I have to say on this matter.

Sheppy

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:18 am

I'll reiterate, you're a retard.

Signed,

Jimmy from 3rd grade

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:42 am

Juanton, I don't think you know who you're dealing with here. This is what I do. I log on here and control threads. I control subfora. And trifling you thinks he can come on here and step to the Shep? Are you freakin' kidding me? Open your eyes, man! Search "Sheppy" and you will see that every single post, every single thread, I make other forum members dance to my tune. You do not address me. I address you. You do not ask me questions. I ask questions of you.

Now, there have been interlopers through the years that have tried to bring down the Shep. Lemme tell ya, bub, hate to say it but you do not have what it takes to even broach the subject of steppin' to the Shep. I have taken men with six times your moxy and have mopped the floor with what was left of their entire online personas. Flip through these pages, ask around, and then think very, very carefully about steppin' to the Shep. .

jemcat

Postby jemcat » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:27 am

Try the Knick or Trocadero. Both have great food and drink selections, and both are open on Sundays until midnight.

coldspot
Forum Addict

Postby coldspot » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:56 am

Learned wrote:Skip dinner and save your $$ and calories for your return to Madison.

No, spend it in Milwaukee like half of the Madison restaurants do. They want you to eat at their independent restaurants but turn around and purchase goods outside of Dane County when they could be buying locally. :oops:

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”