Best fresh seafood (prepared)

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:00 pm

TAsunder wrote:I thought summer was bluegill season. That's when I see it at some of the local places.

Is the bluegill served at restaurants wild caught or farm raised? The Big Ten Pub has it year round.

I get mine from my ice fishing brother-in-law.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Is the bluegill served at restaurants wild caught or farm raised? The Big Ten Pub has it year round.

I get mine from my ice fishing brother-in-law.

No idea. I was just offering up the wild speculation I came up with last summer.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:06 pm

Jeez. Both Magnus and Ocean Grill have private events tonight.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:23 pm

Well, now you know why I asked. But I will also say that the scallop I had at Fresco during Restaurant Week was really good, and the calamari steak I had at Magnus a few years ago was brilliant.

I'm a big swordfish fan (Katsu-ya in Appleton does a mean one, hibachi-style), so Blue Marlin is high on my list.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:19 pm

Has anyone tried the new sushi available at the Coop? They have brought in an Okinawan sushi guy who is putting together beautiful to-go sushi boxes. I am hoping he is willing to add a few more vegetarian options before I try it, but meanwhile it seems to be selling pretty well.

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”