Microfoam / Microfroth / Latte Art -- anywhere around town?

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
Newtotown

Postby Newtotown » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:59 am

TheBookPolice wrote:I order food and drink the way it's written on the menu. That doesn't make me "cooler," it makes me "literate."

If I want something prepared differently, I ask.

Book Police,

Interesting - from your last response, it appears that you are agreeing with everything we have been saying all along. Who said ordering off of the menu makes one cooler? Certainly not me.

Oh, if you're referring to the venti, grande thing - my point was missed -- I was trying to say that i am so not a 'pretentious coffee snob' (as you insinuated) that I can't even remember what size is what without looking at the menu, so I usually say "large" or "small."

You said that when you want something prepared differently, you ask -- well, that's what we have been saying all along, and that the the whole point behind this post.

Later,

Matt

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:11 pm

You've been ignoring (at least in the parts you quote) the people who are responding to you by saying "you don't need to call is something special, you just need to find a place that makes it that way."

What you're looking for isn't a specialty technique, it's the widely-regarded "right way." You started a thread asking for good Madison espresso bars, and obviously didn't like the results.

The fact that you started this thread with a bunch of jargon that even coffee people don't recognize indicates that you feel like you need to sound ultra-coffee-literate to get good coffee. In the month since you knew nothing about coffee, you somehow picked up this habit.

So my guess for where you came from is Upper Michigan.

Newtotown

Postby Newtotown » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:34 pm

BookPolice,

Close -- the Detroit area... Anyhow, I didn't realize that it was the 'right' way since I have seen it the wrong way so many times (from places that you would think knew what they were doing) - as a result, my expectations were skewed... but now i know -- see, the post worked! Now I understand...

I wasn't trying to sound snobby -- I apologize if it came off that way. I'm not that way at all (although I re-read, and see what you mean from the way my initial post looked) That's why I posted what it was (video) etc - to look for help, and not sound snobby... but I see your point....

Cool, problem resolved.

Time for McDonalds Coffee...

Thanks guys,

Matt!

P.S. - BookPolice, enjoy your 2007 Vintage Ale during the game today -- let me know if it's good...

jhain
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jhain » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:21 pm

Newtotown wrote:I'll be in in the next few days... I take it you work there...cool.

I'm one of the owners.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:22 pm

Newtotown wrote:Cool, problem resolved.

P.S. - BookPolice, enjoy your 2007 Vintage Ale during the game today -- let me know if it's good...

10-4, stay tuned.

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:14 pm

I got two turn-tables and a microfoam

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:18 pm

Scott at Cafe Soleil has done some latte art for us once in a while. Smiley faces and trees so far.

Rosemary
Forum Addict

Postby Rosemary » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:54 pm

meowzamusic wrote:I got two turn-tables and a microfoam

Where it's at

I couldn't resist.

granolagirl

Postby granolagirl » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:05 pm

Ancora does "latte art".

paulie
Forum Addict

Postby paulie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:22 pm

i always get consistently good lattes at EVP. i guess for me it's more about taste than foam.

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”