New Polish Deli - or - Mom & Pop Niche Food Shops

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
Forum God/Goddess

New Polish Deli - or - Mom & Pop Niche Food Shops

Postby lysander » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:50 pm

I managed to stumble upon an interesting find today. There is a Polish deli in the building across from where K-Mart was (the building with the tobacco store, the video game store) in the spot where Victor Allen's Coffee was.

In addition to a variety of pierogies (not made on site to my knowledge), they stock more Cracovia products than I've seen outside of Chicago and have a pretty decent array of meats and sausages.

I'm sure there are other little shops like this that I don't know about. What and where are they? Maybe this thread could be a listing of different off-the-radar food stores.

Forum Addict

Postby skippy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:27 pm

That's Alex Polish American Deli. They moved to that location from Monroe Street over the summer.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:15 pm

Heh. I just mentioned this place in the badly threadjacked, troll-born Madison Crab House thread.

Reviews of Alex's are pretty good. Here's one.

Linda wrote up the Corner Store on Willy not too long ago. You'd never know from the signage that they've got a lot of good Thai food.

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”