JJ's Chicken & Fish

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

JJ's Chicken & Fish

Postby white_rabbit » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:19 pm

Last weekend I stopped and picked up a serving of the chicken tender dinner at JJ's. The dinner consisted of chicken strips, a ton of fries, a small container of cole slaw and a piece of bread. The chicken was bland, the fries were soggy, the cole slaw was dry and the bread was almost melted into the styro-foam to-go container under the weight & heat of the fries.

I'm inclined to give them a second chance because I have a couple of friends who swear by JJ's...but it's their stoner food, so I guess I should pick up something when I have really good pot.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:10 pm

Dude.
Walk around the Walgreens to the Warehouse liquor parking lot.
There squats Madtown Fried Chicken.
They will kick your craving's butt.
You're welcome.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:13 pm

Blunt is correct, Madtown blows away JJ's.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:08 am

Two topical comments (yes, I'm skimming threads I missed in Eats Talk):

1) Madtowne on East Wash is gone.

2) JJ's Chicken and Fish isn't on the Eats list, so it can't be that good.

workboy7
Forum Addict

Postby workboy7 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:02 pm

Im looking at the madtown space to rent....very ghetto though....might be some problems.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Re: JJ's Chicken & Fish

Postby fennel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:11 pm

white_rabbit wrote: the bread was almost melted into the styro-foam to-go container under the weight & heat of the fries.

What, no side of polychlorinated biphenyl sauce to go with the styrofoam? That's a scandal! Think of the poor oncologists. They need you.

workboy7
Forum Addict

Postby workboy7 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:42 pm

fennel, I'm guessing you are one of the only "green" madison folks who would openly eat food off of the sidewalks. Others (the kind of folks who choose theory over actual practice) might demand that the city require testing for the tobbacco free, sweat labor free, tree hugging add-your-current-rant-here before their holier than any tounges touch the valued pavement, instead of holding a petro-born take out container. Is it that big of an issue? Let me know.

Darthcrank
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Darthcrank » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:31 pm

being a lover of fried catfish, I tried JJ's.

I stick the the chicken wings now.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:05 pm

workboy7 wrote:fennel, I'm guessing you are one of the only "green" madison folks who would openly eat food off of the sidewalks. Others (the kind of folks who choose theory over actual practice) might demand that the city require testing for the tobbacco free, sweat labor free, tree hugging add-your-current-rant-here before their holier than any tounges touch the valued pavement, instead of holding a petro-born take out container. Is it that big of an issue? Let me know.

What? Is this Mad Libs trollery?

workboy7
Forum Addict

Postby workboy7 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:15 am

TheBookPolice wrote:
workboy7 wrote:fennel, I'm guessing you are one of the only "green" madison folks who would openly eat food off of the sidewalks. Others (the kind of folks who choose theory over actual practice) might demand that the city require testing for the tobbacco free, sweat labor free, tree hugging add-your-current-rant-here before their holier than any tounges touch the valued pavement, instead of holding a petro-born take out container. Is it that big of an issue? Let me know.

What? Is this Mad Libs trollery?

Unbunch your panties please, and tell me what you mean...

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:25 am

workboy7 wrote:Unbunch your panties please, and tell me what you mean...

I'm not sure why you'd feel the need to go the cheap and dirty route of trying to insult me by calling me a woman, but my point was that your rambling paragraph to fennel made little to no sense.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:41 am

It isn't just women that he has trouble with.

workboy7 wrote:...two employees who were arguing, thug-looking, 40ish black guys causing a scene...

workboy7 wrote:Im looking at the madtown space to rent....very ghetto though....might be some problems.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:51 am

workboy has a certain Flandersesque je ne sais quois about him.

Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:11 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:It isn't just women that he has trouble with.

workboy7 wrote:...two employees who were arguing, thug-looking, 40ish black guys causing a scene...

workboy7 wrote:Im looking at the madtown space to rent....very ghetto though....might be some problems.

Don't forget this:

workboy7 wrote:I can only guess what might cause such aggression...Parents found out your sexuality after the recent rollerblade purchase?

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”