Best Looking Staff

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
cubanat
Forum Addict

Best Looking Staff

Postby cubanat » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:55 pm

I hate to be shallow but as a guy that eats out for 2-3 meal a day I notice these things. Although the food at brunch was a bit disappointing the servers at Sardine are very good looking. They are also decent servers so that helps things but it really makes a diner's time at a resto more enjoyable if (all things being equal in regards to ability) the staff is pretty. Am I wrong to notice these things as I was told by my friends at the table? What about male staff they asked? I answered the same way. If the server is good at their jobs and happens to be easy on the eyes it makes for a better, more enjoyable meal. Ending question: Who has the hottest staff in town?

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Best Looking Staff

Postby white_rabbit » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:43 pm

cubanat wrote: Ending question: Who has the hottest staff in town?

The Tornado Room staff are always easy on the eyes.

dstol62
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dstol62 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:02 pm

Are you suggesting that if the brunch really sucks, that we eat the staff?

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:39 pm

dstol62 wrote:Are you suggesting that if the brunch really sucks, that we eat the staff?

If you go that route, check them for bacon lardons first - especially at Sardine.

GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:36 pm

Cubanat wrote:Am I wrong to notice these things as I was told by my friends at the table?

Nah not "wrong"...Just honest for a typical guy...Most PC Milquetoast types have been trained to either keep their mouth's shut or engage in more sophisticated, uplifting, repartee' while dining in mixxed company...

Nothing fails to impress the females (that your lucky enough to be eating with as it is)more than lapsing into a Howard Stern impersonation and remarking in a sideways leer "She's Hot!-I'd like to bang her!" in reference to the waitstaff...

Face it-most red blooded males are shallow pigs at some level and its healthy to be upfront about it once in a while-that way your significant other will know exactlty how your simple little reptillian brain works on an average day...

And for the record: the staff at LaRocca's is hot in a way that only young Italian women can be-at times I can palpably feel the stares of parental disapproval emanating from the kitchen doorway...
Last edited by GenieU on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Postby aaron » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:49 pm

How in the world is finding someone attractive being a "shallow pig"??? Curious.

GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:04 pm

aaron wrote:How in the world is finding someone attractive being a "shallow pig"??? Curious.

In this context because there is the implication that the looks of the waitstaff could tip the balance as to how much or how little enjoyment one gets out of patronizing the restaurant.

C'mon shouldn't the quality of the food be the sole deciding factor? Be honest now.

cubanat
Forum Addict

Postby cubanat » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:06 pm

Yeah, I agree with aaron. I'm not sitting there saying "I want to tap that shit" but just noticing that they are attractive and depending upon the company one keeps- mentioning it at the table so that they will know why I'm not listening to them...

aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Postby aaron » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:13 pm

GenieU wrote:
aaron wrote:How in the world is finding someone attractive being a "shallow pig"??? Curious.

In this context because there is the implication that the looks of the waitstaff could tip the balance as to how much or how little enjoyment one gets out of patronizing the restaurant.

C'mon shouldn't the quality of the food be the sole deciding factor? Be honest now.

Of course the quality of the food is the most important thing, but having some nice eye candy around to enjoy while you're partaking of the quality food is a nice additive to the experience.

As for attractive waitstaff, there are a couple of real hotties--one male, one female--at Cafe Continental. (At least the last time I was there.)

GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:39 pm

It all kind of begs the question. This is why attractive people do well as waitstaff and why you tend to see them waiting tables as opposed to washing dishes or whatever else. Good looking staff has gotta be good for business.

Still if I had to choose I'd rather have excellent food and competent servers-I've never once set foot in a Hooters for eg, nor do I wish to-But even so its an unfair world and I'd also be willing to bet that attractive waiters not only get better tips but also get excused for lapses in service more often than less attractive ones.

aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Postby aaron » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:42 pm

GenieU wrote:It all kind of begs the question. This is why attractive people do well as waitstaff and why you tend to see them waiting tables as opposed to washing dishes or whatever else. Good looking staff has gotta be good for business.

Still if I had to choose I'd rather have excellent food and competent servers-I've never once set foot in a Hooters for eg, nor do I wish to-But even so its an unfair world and I'd also be willing to bet that attractive waiters not only get better tips but also get excused for lapses in service more often than less attractive ones.

Let's face it: Goodlooking people usually always come out ahead. Always have, always will. That is often true even in the corporate environment. Take some basic good looks and charisma, throw in ample amount of charm...and there ya go.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:12 am

The Great Dane wins, unless things have changed drastically in the past year.

NullDevice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby NullDevice » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:07 pm

I'm convinced that those vats in the bakc of the Dane aren't for the brewing of beer at all, but are in fact secret genetic grow-tanks from which they decant their impossibly hot waitstaff.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:30 pm

dstol62 wrote:Are you suggesting that if the brunch really sucks, that we eat the staff?

Careful!
No one wants a staff infection.
I'm gonna have to go with the crew at BW3 right now.

cubanat
Forum Addict

Postby cubanat » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:15 pm

which dane brothas?

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”