i got some subs delivered and i didnt have to talk to anyone

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
square
Forum Addict

i got some subs delivered and i didnt have to talk to anyone

Postby square » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:29 am

campusfood.com has become a godsend because who can keep all those stupid promo inserts around all the time? granted, it's a little limited in it's scope right now, but it apparently only had about two restaurants on it a couple years ago, so it's making strides. hopefully in the future they can add more local delivery places and we'll never have to talk on the phone again!

so why it's awesome, if you don't want to check it out for yourself - you can order from a number of the chinese and pizza restaurants and silver mine subs online, pay online, and have them call you when they're at your house. there isn't an additional fee, you just have to click the "not interested" button in the top right hand corner after you complete your order and skip out on a survey. you can also suggest other local delivery places, so that might be the best avenue making this more city wide as opposed to just the campus.

i've had great success, hopefully it works for y'all too.

lysander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lysander » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:27 am

Well, it certainly looks better than the last online food delivery site that got mentioned here.

Personally, I don't really have a problem with you know, talking to humans occasionally, but it does seem to be an ok list of delivery places. Not comprehensive by any stretch, but still pretty ok.

Does it really work better than calling? Like, are their prices and specials always up to date, does campusfoods.com just fax in the order, do they charge the restaurants a fee, can you tip through the online payment thing, etc?

square
Forum Addict

Postby square » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:15 am

its nice to just click what you want instead of having to say it, plus, like with silver mine subs, you make a checklist of add-ons, so it's all on paper and it doesn't get forgotten. you can add a tip online. you just sign when it shows up. also - silver mine subs had deals advertised, one of which i took advantage. they fax it to the restaurant, i believe, but i don't believe that charge them. i think the survey thing at the end of the order is how they make their money. try it out, i think you'll like it.

lysander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lysander » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:34 am

Sounds cool. I'll report back after I try it out, which probably won't be for a little while, but still. I can see some advantages to it.

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”