Peep Vs. Peep: Battle of the Century!

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
Rosemary
Forum Addict

Peep Vs. Peep: Battle of the Century!

Postby Rosemary » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:45 am

You either love 'em or you hate 'em, but you can't deny that Peep jousting would be semi-entertaining... and a great way to distract the kids in your family while the Easter eggs and candy are being hidden. I ganked this off another forum and will be trying it myself this weekend.

----

Step 1: Place two Peeps on a microwave-safe plate (preferably paper), and have them face each other.

Step 2: Insert toothpicks into each Peep to resemble a brandished sword. (This would, of course, work better with the plastic sword-style toothpicks, but they melt too quickly.)

Step 3: Place plate, Peeps, and their weapons into the microwave, close door.

Step 4: Set microwave on medium for 45 seconds. (I find lowering the setting makes the fighting last longer.)

Step 5: Open beer, hit "Start," enjoy the show.

NOTE: This is much more entertaining if your microwave has a carousel feature.

DedeTate
Forum Addict

Postby DedeTate » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:47 am

When I was a kid, we used to lick the "back" of peeps and then toss them up to the ceiling. They would stick for awhile, then fall, leaving a delightful peep silhouette behind. There may still be evidence of this variation on peep vs. peep on my mother's kitchen ceiling.

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”