Caspian Cafe Catering--any reviews?

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
sara

Caspian Cafe Catering--any reviews?

Postby sara » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:12 am

Hi

I need to bring in lunch for 12 this weekend and am considering using Caspian. Any reviews?

Thanks

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Caspian Cafe Catering--any reviews?

Postby fennel » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:31 pm

I've gone there once for lunch. Nice folks, it seems, but the food was quite bland. Worse, they don't take debit cards or credit cards. Haven't been back.

sara wrote:Hi

I need to bring in lunch for 12 this weekend and am considering using Caspian. Any reviews?

Thanks

Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Thusnelda » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:28 am

I beg to differ -- their food is some of my favorite, especially the kuku sabzi sandwich.

LargeMarge
Forum Addict

Postby LargeMarge » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:32 pm

I'll second the recommendation of the Kuku Sabzi sandwich. I also like their Felafel. I have not used them as a caterer. I have either gone there for lunch or picked up a sandwich at the Co-op.

sara

Postby sara » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:54 pm

Thanks. I think I may go with Marigold Kitchen instead.

NullDevice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby NullDevice » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:00 pm

The Kuku ye Sabzi sandwich is something to behold. They also have an excellent yogurt salad - yogurt, garlic and cracked pepper. The Mizra Ghasemi is also quite tasty - eggplant, tomato, scrambled eggs, and garlic.

It's very simple food, overall - lots of stews and rice dishes - but it's done well. It's not a smack-you-in-the-head-with-wild-flavors kind of cuisine to start out with, and I admit the emphasis on stews can make it a little visually unappealing sometimes, too.

Good place for lunch, and probably good for catering if your audience is willing to try it.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:31 am

Tried the place five times now. Nice folks. Really. But the food? Utterly non-descript. I so wanted to like this place. It's clearly a nice family business, but it's also clearly not concerned with good food.

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”