Anyone try the new Fuddruckers?

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
2lman

Anyone try the new Fuddruckers?

Postby 2lman » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:49 pm

Has anyone tried the new Fuddruckers? I hear it's okay, but REALLY expensive? I know 2 people that tried the breakfast and the eggs were under cooked and cold. I haven't made it down there yet, I still like Larry B's, and they just upgraded their bacon.

Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Thusnelda » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:57 pm

We tried it on their first or second day. They had something like 16 people behind the counter and it made no difference. Of things that were actually on their menu, they didn't have ice cream for floats, they didn't have large hot dogs, they didn't have fried fish... etc. etc. etc. They didn't actually tell us about the hot dogs or the fish until 10 minutes after we had ordered both of those things and wondered where the hell they were. The onion rings were probably prebattered and were cold. The giant potato wedges were mealy and also cold. They had minced tomatoes, pickles, relish and peppers, but the only onions they had were those giant raw slices that nobody can eat without pulling off in one piece, let alone spread on your hot dog.

They'll probably do okay, and I chalk most of those problems up to their first day of business. The suits were all huddled in the corner watching everything. I don't understand how a restaurant can just go ahead and open when they're not fully stocked and not put a little sign up or at least inform their damn staff. To their credit, the people behind the counter did offer us free fries for waiting so long, but I didn't want to eat anything else in that place. I suppose we'll try them again in a few months, but only on desperate days where having eight lunches of Chipotle or pizza in a row is getting to be a bit much :P

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:23 pm

Reviews are usually found in the REVIEW section, but since you asked.......

http://www.dane101.com/food/2006/06/01/ ... uddruckers

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:39 pm

Thusnelda wrote: I suppose we'll try them again in a few months, but only on desperate days where having eight lunches of Chipotle or pizza in a row is getting to be a bit much :P

Is there no other burger joint on State Street worth going to over fudruckers?

I was on a 2 week road trip recently and we hit a fudruckers for lack of other options. You pretty much described the place to a tee - except the one I went to did not just open.

I did not think overally expensive for what you got. The dinner salad was pretty good and bread was even warm. Burger was like a real burger as opposed to something from typical cheaper fast food. Fries were not worth ordering.

Obviously better than McDonalds or Burger King, but I could not image going there again unless I am in an unfamiliar town with few other options.

Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Thusnelda » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:58 am

I don't really eat burgers anymore, actually. We've been going to the Gritty every so often, though, which is pretty nice. I gave up on Dotty's multiple times :P

Learned
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Anyone try the new Fuddruckers?

Postby Learned » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:02 am

2lman wrote:Has anyone tried the new Fuddruckers? I hear it's okay, but REALLY expensive? I know 2 people that tried the breakfast and the eggs were under cooked and cold. I haven't made it down there yet, I still like Larry B's, and they just upgraded their bacon.

You heard it's okay but your two friends got undercooked and cold eggs? Is that how they asked for them?

But to answer your question, no, I have not tried Fuddruckers. I leave that kind of shit up to blunt.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Anyone try the new Fuddruckers?

Postby blunt » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:22 pm

Learned wrote:
2lman wrote:Has anyone tried the new Fuddruckers? I hear it's okay, but REALLY expensive? I know 2 people that tried the breakfast and the eggs were under cooked and cold. I haven't made it down there yet, I still like Larry B's, and they just upgraded their bacon.

You heard it's okay but your two friends got undercooked and cold eggs? Is that how they asked for them?

But to answer your question, no, I have not tried Fuddruckers. I leave that kind of shit up to blunt.

As well you should: then 2lman would know that they don't serve breakfast anymore.

Learned
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Learned » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:36 pm

Methinks that 2lman will not become 3lman, if you know what I mean. And if you don't, consider yourself lucky or at least smarter than I.

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Learned wrote:Methinks that 2lman will not become 3lman, if you know what I mean. And if you don't, consider yourself lucky or at least smarter than I.

4 posts by 2lman and they all mention Larry B's.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:42 am

Saw a small article in today's WSJ: Fuddruckers on State Street closed last Friday.

paulie
Forum Addict

Postby paulie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:07 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Saw a small article in today's WSJ: Fuddruckers on State Street closed last Friday.

excellent, my boycott plan worked!

:lol:

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:11 pm

paulie wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Saw a small article in today's WSJ: Fuddruckers on State Street closed last Friday.

excellent, my boycott plan worked!

:lol:

Yeah, no shit. I never went there, never really even considered it. Therefore, nor will I miss it.

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”