Titanic dinner

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Titanic dinner

Postby Ducatista » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:57 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Here's the actual menu:

Sorry to nitpick your nitpicking, but that's a replica, or whatever, and not a very good one. There are several photos of real Titanic menus floating (sorry) around, though I haven't seen one for first-class dinner on the 14th.

Here's the first-class luncheon on the 14th, with the offending Cockie Leekie:

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Grilled mutton chops...veal and ham pie...yummmmmm. This wasn't a cruise for vegetarians. Where is the salad bar?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:24 pm

I've never had soused herrings. Life is so unfair!

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:24 am

Ducatista wrote:
Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Here's the actual menu:

Sorry to nitpick your nitpicking, but that's a replica, or whatever, and not a very good one.

Sorry to nitpick your nitpicking of my nitpicking but I meant "actual" as in "here's what was actually served" not "this is a photo of the actual menu". Bad on me for the imprecise language but I did check several sources and they all seem to agree on what was served and in what order (it's even used on Wikipedia as the "example meal" for the entry on "Full course dinner") so my point still stands that this "replica" dinner is out of whack.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:56 am

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Sorry to nitpick your nitpicking of my nitpicking but I meant "actual" as in "here's what was actually served" not "this is a photo of the actual menu".

Yeah, I figured. But then just list the menu items, like you did for Shorty, rather than post a knockoff. (That complaint isn't leveled at you, but at the perpetrator of that hack layout.)

I agree with your point 100%. The "inspired by" thing seems lame. Do it or don't.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:45 pm

I would love to go to this if it wasn't at the end of tax season. No time to leave the office!

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:22 pm

HawkHead wrote:I would love to go to this if it wasn't at the end of tax season. No time to leave the office!
Wait, is there any way a hard-working day-laborer could write this off as a work expense? It could count as business networking, couldn't it?

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”