Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1512
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby HawkHead » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Apparently, there is the letter of the law and what is the intent of the law.

Here is an easy way to deal with this.

First offense: 24 hour time out
Second Offense: 7 day time out
Third Offense: Gone for good

When you give someone a time out tell them why and put it in a post for everyone to read. Then the whole forum knows. Then behavior will improve.

Personally, I disagree with the bannings. But if there are going to be no bannings and rules you can't lock threads.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1512
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby HawkHead » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:48 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Someone must have been given a handful of get out of jail free cards.


Jjoyce's rules don't apply to Meade. Isthmus is scared shitless of his mommy.

So.....
http://www.thedailypage.com/forum/viewt ... 15#p732693


When I click the link I get to see posters I have blocked. Looks like Meade is serious about the not changing posts thing.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 13805
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby snoqueen » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Click Hawk's link and there you have it. Signing in doesn't make any difference.

Who is in charge of this forum? Admin/Joyce, or Meade? He just threw down a challenge, Joyce. You can answer, back up your rules, and take charge, or you can ignore it -- but don't tell us you didn't see it.

And I am not participating in any forum that's run by Lawrence Meade. I am serious. If you let this slide on some technicality ("but he didn't use the quote box" my ass) I am gone. It's not because he just messed with my quote, because he's done it before. It's because if he's running this forum now and you are not, I decline to contribute any further.

I won't be surprised if I take a bunch of other people with me, either. If I come back, it'll be because there's been a major, major shift in administrative policy. Someone else said it earlier: I'm not holding my breath.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7982
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:45 pm

snoqueen wrote:Click Hawk's link and there you have it. Signing in doesn't make any difference.

Who is in charge of this forum? Admin/Joyce, or Meade? He just threw down a challenge, Joyce. You can answer, back up your rules, and take charge, or you can ignore it -- but don't tell us you didn't see it.

And I am not participating in any forum that's run by Lawrence Meade. I am serious. If you let this slide on some technicality ("but he didn't use the quote box" my ass) I am gone. It's not because he just messed with my quote, because he's done it before. It's because if he's running this forum now and you are not, I decline to contribute any further.

I won't be surprised if I take a bunch of other people with me, either.


I agree. He's like an 8-year old you told not to do something that does it just to piss you off. Seems to me he is begging you to ban him between directly doing what this thread supposedly forbids and his use of "Leftard". It's a direct challenge. Joyce is losing.

Win Jason.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 23318
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:50 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Jjoyce's rules don't apply to Meade. Isthmus is scared shitless of his mommy.

I think you are right, but I wonder why. She isn't an Isthmus advertiser. I understand the need for opposing viewpoints, otherwise we'll all be just preaching to the choir. But when someone says, in effect, fuck you to the forum administrator...

If sno goes, I go.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4183
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Dane County
Contact:

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby jman111 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Clicking "Meade" produces:
The requested user does not exist.

bcs89
Forum Addict
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby bcs89 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:56 pm

snoqueen wrote:Click Hawk's link and there you have it. Signing in doesn't make any difference.

Who is in charge of this forum? Admin/Joyce, or Meade? He just threw down a challenge, Joyce. You can answer, back up your rules, and take charge, or you can ignore it -- but don't tell us you didn't see it.

And I am not participating in any forum that's run by Lawrence Meade. I am serious. If you let this slide on some technicality ("but he didn't use the quote box" my ass) I am gone. It's not because he just messed with my quote, because he's done it before. It's because if he's running this forum now and you are not, I decline to contribute any further.

I won't be surprised if I take a bunch of other people with me, either. If I come back, it'll be because there's been a major, major shift in administrative policy. Someone else said it earlier: I'm not holding my breath.




For christ's sake - if you are that incensed - leave. If not - stay.

BTW, minor faux pas, you zoomed right past the " I'm going to hold my breath till.." stage.

bcs89
Forum Addict
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby bcs89 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:00 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:Jjoyce's rules don't apply to Meade. Isthmus is scared shitless of his mommy.

I think you are right, but I wonder why. She isn't an Isthmus advertiser. I understand the need for opposing viewpoints, otherwise we'll all be just preaching to the choir. But when someone says, in effect, fuck you to the forum administrator...

If sno goes, I go.



My bad - I didn't realize it was this serious..

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7982
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:00 pm

jman111 wrote:Clicking "Meade" produces:
The requested user does not exist.


Someone grew a pair! Congrats Jason. The forum is a better place for it.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 23318
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:02 pm

We shouldn't gloat. Cornbread might be back.

barney
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:43 pm

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby barney » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:We shouldn't gloat. Cornbread might be back.

Or Sheppy. *shudder*

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby jjoyce » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:16 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Someone grew a pair! Congrats Jason. The forum is a better place for it.


... he wrote anonymously. What a helluva thing to say about somebody.

86'd over three hours ago. Not happy about it. Kinda wish you'd follow him out the door.
Last edited by jjoyce on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby jjoyce » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:We shouldn't gloat.


No, you shouldn't. You didn't do anything.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby jjoyce » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:I think you are right...


Do you? And why would you think that?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 23318
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:21 pm

jjoyce wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:I think you are right...


Do you? And why would you think that?

Just wondering why a certain (former?) foron got a pass for things you didn't tolerate from others.


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests