Why do you let Meade shit all over...

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Why do you let Meade shit all over...

Postby Meade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:01 pm

What makes you think my comments are not occasionally removed and scrutinized similar to yours? In fact, show me a comment of mine that was "off-topic" and I will remove it myself.

Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:44 am

His only purpose here is as a bugaboo, and the reason Jason lets him stay is that it increases page hits.

So TDPF is headed for the same sort of fate as Yahoo News comment threads, which are full of trolls like Meade. Do your job and be an editor, Jason.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 am

Galoot wrote:full of trolls like Meade.

We're all trolls. This very thread, started by someone who hides behind his bugaboo name, fisticuffs, is an example of spiteful trollery.

The question is: do you want to be an affable interesting bugaboo - like Meade - or do you want to be a grumpy old ill-humored boring bugaboo? Like Galoot or fisticuffs.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:55 am

Wow, Meade got absolutely throttled by Tag Evers in the comment section of Dave's article. Nice work, Tag. I haven't seen that thorough of an evisceration since, well, last Friday when kurt_w completely pwned Meade in this thread.

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:20 am

Galoot wrote:His only purpose here is as a bugaboo, and the reason Jason lets him stay is that it increases page hits.

So TDPF is headed for the same sort of fate as Yahoo News comment threads, which are full of trolls like Meade. Do your job and be an editor, Jason.

Fear not. Jason will be along shortly to start another bogus "feedback" discussion like this one, or this one.

In it, he will briefly feign interest in your and other forons' opinions on how to improve the quality of the forum's content, before ultimately ignoring or dismissing everyone's ideas out of hand.

And everyone will feel a little better for awhile as the site continues on its current trajectory.

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:59 pm

O.J. wrote:Wow, Meade got absolutely throttled by Tag Evers in the comment section of Dave's article. Nice work, Tag. I haven't seen that thorough of an evisceration since, well, last Friday when kurt_w completely pwned Meade in this thread.

Thanks for the heads-up -- that beat-down by Tag was truly a delight to read.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:13 pm

It's entertaining, right? Fun to read and possibly even thought provoking.

I'm glad we didn't quash it.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:54 pm

I guess I'd find Meade more entertaining if he seemed even remotely sincere about his beliefs. Mostly he's just a caricature of the GOP, saying exactly what he's supposed to say. I get the impression that he's auditioning for something.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:06 pm

O.J. wrote:Wow, Meade got absolutely throttled by Tag Evers in the comment section of Dave's article. Nice work, Tag. I haven't seen that thorough of an evisceration since, well, last Friday when kurt_w completely pwned Meade in this thread.

I'll save readers a few clicks. Here it is:
http://www.thedailypage.com/citizendave ... icle=39660

Well done indeed.

But I see little reason to be all pleased as if it's the mission of Isthmus to allow a mean-spirited, self-absorbed poster who can't put together a coherent argument to make a punching bag of himself and get his clock cleaned on a daily basis. You might as well give LM his own column, if you're truly proud of yourself for presenting his material.

Oh wait, you already tried that with Blaska, and he even came off as a halfway nice guy. Never mind.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:17 pm

I am actually really pleased by that particular exchange if only because I can't imagine where else you'd find a former mayor, a blogger's husband and a music promoter engaged in a sharp discussion of a student binge drinking festival.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:23 pm

jjoyce wrote:a blogger's husband
This is not a thing.

jjoyce wrote:a sharp discussion
Can you define how you're using "sharp"? Because you can't possibly mean to suggest that discussion was in any way penetrating.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:34 pm

It's pretty clear to me that there is no former mayor in on the "discussion". Citizen Dave has apparently so far resisted any urge to feed the bugaboo.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Meade makes lame remark and then claims it's parody and someone else wrote it.

Tag demolishes that one.

Meade claims he's being "honest and clear."

Tag demolishes this one too, and tells why.

I loved this part: "...you vainly and irresponsibly ring the bell of innuendo." Best description of Meade I've seen yet.

If an exchange like this passes for "sharp" around here things are worse than I thought. Tag Evers was sharp, and that's all.

Why Meade continually puts himself in these situations I cannot imagine, but using him to accumulate clicks seems venal to me.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:15 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
jjoyce wrote:a blogger's husband

This is not a thing.

Ha! True.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Venal

: capable of being bought or obtained for money or other valuable consideration : purchasable; especially : open to corrupt influence and especially bribery : mercenary <a venal legislator>

: originating in, characterized by, or associated with corrupt bribery <a venal arrangement with the police>
— ve·nal·i·ty noun
— ve·nal·ly adverb

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”