How to improve TDPF

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Re: How to improve TDPF

Postby Detritus » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Meade wrote:
jjoyce wrote:I mean, you and Meade insist we're swimming in a cesspool of offensive personal attacks

Did Brenda insist we're swimming in a cesspool of personal attacks? I don't think so.

Meade, you owe us 2 bucks so far--don't forget, now.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Daisy? Floyd? Good lord, do you have any examples that occurred during the last 8 years?

That is really weak sauce Brenda. I thought you were better than this. Unfortunately, not the first time I was wrong.

You might want to stop digging while you can still crawl out of this hole you've dug for yourself.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Huckleby wrote:Oh, I think this forum is beyond redemption. Shut it down.

Sometimes you have to destroy a village to save it.

I think this forum has many redeeming qualities. I got a little tired of grown-ups debating about the existence of God, even though I like to think there is one, I never argue about it, see I don't like to argue. Huck, I did once prove Wags wrong by posting that the Ill tollway does photo and fine toll drive-offs. I think I still have the photos.

Brenda Konkel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Brenda Konkel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:41 pm

gargantua wrote:Daisy? Floyd? Good lord, do you have any examples that occurred during the last 8 years?

There's so much to choose from . . . how's this for starters?
Fat jokes
- Piggyback comment - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=54284&p=678863&hilit=konkel#p678863
- Mama Cass - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=45146&p=565258&hilit=konkel#p565258
- Jaba the Konkel - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20566&p=269710&hilit=konkel#p269710

Here I am called a bitch
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=50097&p=623532&hilit=konkel#p623532

Here I am told "fuck . . .Brenda Konkel" and I don't even know why I got drug into that conversation
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=konkel&ch=800&start=300

Here I'm told to stick something up my ass
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=42261&p=527172&hilit=konkel#p527172

Proctology remarks
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=45146&p=565259&hilit=konkel#p565259

Here's a comment about having sex with me and/or Judy Compton
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20903&p=291882&hilit=konkel#p291882

I'm not sure what to say about this
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=21841&p=291191&hilit=konkel#p291191

A ton of Radboys comments are removed.

I don't know, its kinda the tip of the iceburg, I skipped a whole lotta hariy armpit remarks, but found several where people were complaining about threads that were started just to attack me by the same person over and over.

Bottom line is, if I had kids, I wouldn't want them reading this kind of stuff said about me. I'm sure there is more, there are actually over 1500 posts that use my name . . . and who knows how many other where I was called other names that "Brenda" or "Konkel" . . . which is what I searched for.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:05 am

Pretty rude stuff, Brenda. But I can't say I'm surprised that JJoyce and others defend it. They seem to enjoy it.

Here's an example in this very thread:
radboy wrote:Meade has that worked at your mommy's blog? Talk about stupid and insipid posters...

I've heard that sort of thing here more times than I can count. And not one person here - Joyce, snoqueen, et al. - has ever spoken out against, for example, the sexism that is so blatant in that comment.

And that's nothing compared to the abuse they used to pile on David Blaska. Repulsive personal attacks.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:49 am

Somebody hand me a tissue first. I'm - how does it go? - verklempt??

Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:03 am

You do not deserve a civil response because you are a fucking asshole douche bag piece of shit. A fucking asshole douche bag piece of shit like you does not deserve a civil response.

When those of your ilk begin to behave like decent freedom loving hard working Americans then you may be treated more kindly by others.

But until then, you are simply a fucking asshole douche bag piece of shit. So fuck you and good day.

Link

After being asked to have that comment removed, Isthmus decided to let it remain.

'nuff said.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:33 am

snoqueen wrote:Somebody hand me a tissue first. I'm - how does it go? - verklempt??

After you emotionally pull yourself together, snoqueen, feel free to weigh in with your opinion on the abusive treatment here of "peanutbutter", Brenda Konkel, David Blaska, and others. I realize you choose to use a pseudonym because of your fear of being personally stalked and abused over the internet and in real life.

What do you feel when you see people you disagree with being treated that same way - especially people who don't use a pseudonym as protection from suffering defamation of their real life reputations?

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:49 am

The problem is it's inconsistently enforced. Perhaps it's a manpower issue but I would think that "reported" posts like this one would get deleted:

I think we need to produce a flick with Vicki, Althouse and Blaska doing a 3sum...two cunts and a dick!

At the same time a thread about Vicki McKenna (something about a strip club I think) got shut down and Jason sent an apology letter to McKenna.

Hell I got banned for using the C word about an anonymous foron's sister but I guess if you direct it at someone real it's A-OK.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:54 am

Meade wrote:
snoqueen wrote:Somebody hand me a tissue first. I'm - how does it go? - verklempt??

After you emotionally pull yourself together, snoqueen, feel free to weigh in with your opinion on the abusive treatment here of "peanutbutter", Brenda Konkel, David Blaska, and others. I realize you choose to use a pseudonym because of your fear of being personally stalked and abused over the internet and in real life.

What do you feel when you see people you disagree with being treated that same way - especially people who don't use a pseudonym as protection from suffering defamation of their real life reputations?

Here's my opinion, if it carries any weight with your poor, tortured, abused soul: Act like a douchebag and you get treated like one.

In our public lives we have to let a lot of douchebags get away with it for reasons without number. Here, we can tell someone that they're acting like an asshole (which you, in particular, do) without fear of reprisal.

Want to stop being treated so poorly? Stop acting poorly. What you want is to be insulting and boorish in a consequence free environment. There are other places than this to do that.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Oh, hi there, rabble. I wasn't talking to you. I was addressing snoqueen.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Meade wrote:Oh, hi there, rabble. I wasn't talking to you. I was addressing snoqueen.

Yeah and in a forum where YOU"RE the boss, nobody else would be able to talk till you let 'em.

Continue to act boorishly. It seems to be the only way you can communicate.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Wow. Thanks, bdog. I missed that.

Jason? snoqueen? Brenda?

Anyone?

Brenda Konkel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Brenda Konkel » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Meade wrote:Jason? snoqueen? Brenda?

Anyone?

Well, I think we made our point. I don't know if he condones this stuff or missed it, but I think it is the former. And there are many more examples than the ones that we pointed out. I think he thinks this is ok - but he refuses to address it and prefers to split hairs. For the record, its no better to write that stuff about McKenna or Althouse than it is about me.

massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Konkel and Meade in bed together.* Fascinating shit.

*no, not literally. Save your indignation.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”