Time to lock this thread

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Re: TDPF: whites only

Postby Meade » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:03 pm

pjbogart wrote:None of that applied to Barack Hussein Obama.

Notice what you did there? You changed the parameters for Bush but not for Obama. Why did you do that? I hope your reason for doing that was not racial because I have heard that there are incidences where IQ tests have been manipulated in ways that "prove" that people of some races are dumber than people of other races.

Also, pjbogart, are you more intelligent than George Walker Bush?

someone else
Forum Addict

Postby someone else » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:07 pm

pjbogart wrote:None of that applied to Barack Hussein Obama.

Did you really have to go there? Obama was also a mediocre student. His college roommate at Occidental said he smoked a lot of pot. His grade point average graduating Columbia (he transferred there after two years at Occidental) was below 3.3 and his entrance into Harvard was likely the result of affirmative action statutes.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Plus, he stated that there were 57 states in the United States. If George Walker Bush had stated that there were 57 states in the United States, wouldn't you have had second thoughts about his capabilities?

city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby city2countrygal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Meade wrote:You changed the parameters for Bush but not for Obama. Why did you do that? I hope your reason for doing that was not racial because I have heard that there are incidences where IQ tests have been manipulated in ways that "prove" that people of some races are dumber than people of other races.

Like you don't change parameters every time you respond to someone's post, Meade? Please tell me where you "have heard that there are incidences where IQ tests have been manipulated in ways that 'prove' that people of some races are dumber than people of other races."

Following your logic from earlier, if (I mean when) Obama gets re-elected, then what do you have to stand on? Being a governor is better than being a senator? Texas is better than Illinois? When you actually do supply your opinion, very, very rarely (like how you liked Kennedy on Bill Maher), it speaks volumes.
Last edited by city2countrygal on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:30 pm

I believe this thread itself is a sort of intelligence test.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:35 pm

city2countrygal, are you stalking me?

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Affirmative action and Legacy are two very different things. Affirmative action gives advantage to those who are otherwise disadvantaged. Legacy gives advantage to those who need it the least.

On a side note, did you know that when the University of Wisconsin Law School hired Ann Althouse they slipped from #17 in the country to #48? I'm not saying that she caused it, but I'm not saying that she didn't. Perhaps she's more of a symptom of mediocrity than the disease itself.

city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby city2countrygal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Meade wrote:city2countrygal, are you stalking me?

Nope, just trying to call out your BS.

someone else
Forum Addict

Postby someone else » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:04 pm

pjbogart wrote:On a side note, did you know that when the University of Wisconsin Law School hired Ann Althouse they slipped from #17 in the country to #48?

Got a link for that alleged factoid, smartypants? U.S News ranked the UW Law School at 35th last year.

scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Meade wrote:city2countrygal, are you stalking me?

Who would? You're the TDPF equivalent of a whack-a-mole game.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:06 pm

someone else wrote:
pjbogart wrote:On a side note, did you know that when the University of Wisconsin Law School hired Ann Althouse they slipped from #17 in the country to #48?

Got a link for that alleged factoid, smartypants? U.S News ranked the UW Law School at 35th last year.

Yeah. Watch it, Mr. Bogart - city2countrygal (who apparently moved 2 the country to get away from, ahem, the, you know, wink wink, urban blight of the city) just might sneak up and put her amazing magic bullshit detector on you.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:11 pm

someone else wrote:

Oh calm down, I'm just razzin' Meade.

Ann Althouse tanks UW Law's Reputation!

someone else
Forum Addict

Postby someone else » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:22 pm

pjbogart wrote:Oh calm down, I'm just razzin' Meade.

Ann Althouse tanks UW Law's Reputation!

Ann Alhouse was hired in 1984, not 1987. Where does it show that the UW dropped from 17 to 48? Interestingly, according to your link, the UW Law School's worst ranking was 1996, around the time Daniel Bernstine resigned. He is now the president of Portland State University.

Your link does not support your statement whatsoever. Do you do this often?

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:32 pm

That bimbo has been teaching law for 27 years? Holy cow. Seriously, she's over 60 and still seems like she's lobbying to be the homecoming queen.

I like this quote from her wikipedia: "Althouse voted for Barack Obama for President in the 2008 election, and she remarked in January 2009: "he really is a solid, normal person who remained grounded in the middle of all this craziness. And I like to think that, now that he's President, with his steely nerve, his intelligence, and his groundedness, he'll do the job that must be done. The trickery is over."

It sure is, Ann, it sure is.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Oh my god! I am SO razzed!

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”