Your foron name

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
beenie
Forum Addict

Re: Your foron name

Postby beenie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:43 pm

It was one of my late Grandmother's nicknames for me, given shortly after I was born. If it's taken somewhere I want/need to have a username, I'll usually attach my first name to it.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:46 am

wack wack wrote:I lurked for a long time before posting. The name is a direct response to the garbage I would read from people like Blaska and Flanders: I'd regularly find myself responding to such absurdities by waving a loosely-fisted hand back and forth through the air in grand masturbatory fashion. WACK WACK!

chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby chainsawcurtis » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Hard to believe I haven't posted on this thread. Back in 1990 I was fronting a Creepers gig at the Silver Moon Blues Oasis in Darien. One of the jammers introduced me as Chainsaw Curtis because of a line in a Huey Lewis song called "(Cool is the Rule and Sometimes) Bad is Bad" - He plays guitar like a chainsaw buzzin'." I've couldn't get rid of it so I learned to live with it. That's correct - the Creepers as a unit in one form or another has been around for 26 years.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”