Your foron name

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Nick Berigan
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Your foron name

Postby Nick Berigan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Nick - a gritty actor now apparently beyond his prime.
Berigan - a famous 30s trumpet player from Fox Lake, WI.

I'm all about famous people.

frozenCow
Forum Addict

Postby frozenCow » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:18 am

Because I'm from Wisconsin. The Land of the Frozen Cows.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:32 am

I lurked for a long time before posting. The name is a direct response to the garbage I would read from people like Blaska and Flanders: I'd regularly find myself responding to such absurdities by waving a loosely-fisted hand back and forth through the air in grand masturbatory fashion. WACK WACK!

All these years, and nothing has changed.

city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby city2countrygal » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:16 am

Violet_Skye wrote: Together, they make me think of twilight in summer, when the sky is just that color.

Violet_Skye, your description of your foron name reminds me of the VW Cabriolet commercial with the Nick Drake song Pink Moon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lSKUL_n6c0

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:43 am

I kind of wonder about 'skrattypants.' Is it a skateboard reference?
And 'Lance Boyle,' I think you're needed in the governor's office.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:48 am

And 'Lance Boyle,' I think you're needed in the governor's office.

I think his father was a Boyle Lancer. But alas, one day there were no more Boyles.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:41 pm

How do you suppose our newest foron got his or hers?

Total posts 229811 • Total topics 17439 • Total members 11129 • Our newest member jasonj3152@gmail.com

That's not gonna lead to any trouble, ya think?

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:28 pm

My foron name has its roots in the expression "YOWZA" (which, according to my dictionary comes from "yowser" which is an expression of delight). When my cat would enter the room, I would greet him by saying "MEOWZA!" as I was delighted to see him.

The music part comes from childhood--my kitty spent a lot of time outdoors and would come home late at night through my window. On many nights, the neighborhood cats would gather outside and "sing" to her, which if you've never heard it is a sort of weird howl. It's not exactly a pleasant noise which few would be delighted by, so put the two halves together and: meowzamusic.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:54 pm

meowzamusic wrote:My foron name has its roots in the expression "YOWZA" (which, according to my dictionary comes from "yowser" which is an expression of delight). When my cat would enter the room, I would greet him by saying "MEOWZA!" as I was delighted to see him.

The music part comes from childhood--my kitty spent a lot of time outdoors and would come home late at night through my window. On many nights, the neighborhood cats would gather outside and "sing" to her, which if you've never heard it is a sort of weird howl. It's not exactly a pleasant noise which few would be delighted by, so put the two halves together and: meowzamusic.
I rate this the best thread post so far. But then I'm very partial to the feline ilk.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:05 pm

When signing up for a (mad.com) forum account there was a check box that said Remember Me. Sounded good.

Oh, and of course this.

Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Don't forget this. Or this.

Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 pm

or even this.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:00 am

And this.

(4:35 mark).

swoon_queen
Forum Addict

Postby swoon_queen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:23 pm

When I was in elementary school/junior high I fainted fairly regularly. (most embarrassing: in the cemetery, after my hometown's Memorial Day parade, while playing French horn in the marching band. I ruined both my horn and our soaring rendition of America The Beautiful.) Doctors couldn't pinpoint why, and eventually it stopped happening. But I definitely have a few scars and stories as a result of my spell of having spells.

In the late nineties when trying to figure out a good screen name, I thought swoon would be appropriate. Cool word, has some personal significance, looks neat-o when typed. On whatever site I was signing up for, swoon was taken, and swoonqueen was one of the suggested alternatives. I liked it; for some reason it instantly reminded me of the Beatles song Her Majesty. So it stuck!

SombreroFallout
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SombreroFallout » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:52 pm

swoon_queen wrote:When I was in elementary school/junior high I fainted fairly regularly.
. . .. . . ...
swoon was taken.

love your handle. funny, swoon is always taken -- street artist of the same name is a personal favorite of mine: http://tinyurl.com/7agrm9n

also, great story about swooning in the cemetery: like it was plucked from or fodder for a short story by flannery o'connor or garrison keillor or lynda barry.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”