Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7981
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Blaska's presence isn't about credibility. It's about traffic. I'd venture to say there really isn't any media left that's about credibility. Not that it ever was. Credibility used to sell back in the days of Kronkite now you have to pee yourself in front of a black board if you want any attention. And that's what Blaska does. Pees himself on the internet. Blaska is a staff troll and no matter how much Jjoyce derides responding to that sort of thing it's what makes his house payment. More trolls, more replies, more clicks, more ad dollars.

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby Mean Scenester » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:49 pm

David Blaska wrote: ... goon intimidation ...

Somebody intimidate you, goon?

I guess it's not intimidation when tea party idiot fucks show up at Democratic political rallies with clearly visible sidearms strapped to their fat guts, huh?

See, people, this is the real difference between conservatives and liberals: Conservatives are afraid of getting yelled at, while liberals are afraid of getting shot at. I ask you, which side of this equation is comprised of huge fucking crybabies?

For such an enormous child, you've got the ugliest porn 'stache around, Blahska.

Dipper
Forum Addict
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:46 am
Contact:

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby Dipper » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:03 pm

So Blaska is able to skate by without having to live up to any expectations beyond "be our token conservative". That's bad for Isthmus, and bad for Madison. Ironically, it's also bad for conservatism, since over time people will internalize the idea that conservative writing can't be smart, insightful, and accurate.


As a progressive, I appreciate a well-reasoned conservative who just might change my mind with a rational argument. But clearly, Blaska ain't that guy and will never be, and he'll never change my mind about anything. It's always name-calling snark and over-the-top vitriol {delivering the "union kill shot" was one of his). When I read comments after online articles in the Madison and Milwaukee papers, the conservatives almost never deliver a clear, convincing argument. It's always little zingers they've heard on Fox and talk radio. If you have to resort to name-calling to get your point across, perhaps you don't have much of a point.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 13862
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Mean Scenester wrote:See, people, this is the real difference between conservatives and liberals: Conservatives are afraid of getting yelled at, while liberals are afraid of getting shot at.

I guess you forgot the part about the pre-school teacher threatening to kill legislators and their children, huh?

Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:16 pm
Location: Madison
Contact:

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:I guess you forgot the part about the pre-school teacher threatening to kill legislators and their children, huh?


You're right Ned, I would rate Blaska and her the same absolute value on the "wacko-fuck-nut-o'meter"

-Dan Motor

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 13862
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:44 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:I guess you forgot the part about the pre-school teacher threatening to kill legislators and their children, huh?


You're right Ned, I would rate Blaska and her the same absolute value on the "wacko-fuck-nut-o'meter"

-Dan Motor

See, this is what I'm talking about. It's a fact that this preschool teacher threatened to kill legislators and their families. But since this "fact" doesn't fit the left's narrative (including the media and Dane County DA) it's downplayed to the point that Endo Rockstar can twist it into a moronic joke.

And you people have the gall to judge Blaska's Blog?

Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:16 pm
Location: Madison
Contact:

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:it's downplayed to the point that Endo Rockstar can twist it into a moronic joke.

And you people have the gall to judge Blaska's Blog?



but but but....I wasn't joking....

-Dan Motor

Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:16 pm
Location: Madison
Contact:

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:See, this is what I'm talking about. It's a fact that this preschool teacher threatened to kill legislators and their families. But since this "fact" doesn't fit the left's narrative (including the media and Dane County DA) it's downplayed to the point that Endo Rockstar can twist it into a moronic joke.

And you people have the gall to judge Blaska's Blog?


Oh come now Ned, you know the Legislators were basically asking for it...parading around in their tight revealing dresses, high heels, infallible sense of moral superiority, they brought it on themselves.

...what were we talking about again?

-Dan Motor

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1428
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:42 pm

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby acereraser » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:See, this is what I'm talking about. It's a fact that this preschool teacher threatened to kill legislators and their families. But since this "fact" doesn't fit the left's narrative (including the media and Dane County DA) it's downplayed to the point that Endo Rockstar can twist it into a moronic joke.

And you people have the gall to judge Blaska's Blog?


Jeez, you are Ned Flanders, the one persona on this forum deserving of less credibility than Blaska. Don't act so surprised.

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6095
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby kurt_w » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:58 am

acereraser wrote:Jeez, you are Ned Flanders, the one persona on this forum deserving of less credibility than Blaska. Don't act so surprised.


No kidding. Dave Blaska's support on this forum is pretty much limited to (a) Dave Blaska, and (b) a clown. That pretty much says it all.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12947
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby snoqueen » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:14 am

OK, I found one. It took a while.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion/119634119.html

That links to an example of a responsibly-written, constructive conservative opinion.

Why does it read as left-wing in today's context? Do you miss the ranting or deprecating the opposition? You tell me.

I miss the kind of discussion this writer offers. We really, really can do better. This includes Isthmus, but also includes all of us.
Last edited by snoqueen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: Stately Blaska Manor
Contact:

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby David Blaska » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:15 am

kurt_w wrote:Dave Blaska's support on this forum is pretty much limited to (a) Dave Blaska, and (b) a clown. That pretty much says it all.


It does, actually, although I don't think you would like what the real message says.

On April 15, four different Blaska's Blogs rated among the ten most popular on TheDailyPage, ranking No. #1, #2, #5 and #6. Or on April 12, again four of the top 10, ranking #1, #6, #7, #8. Or on April 10 ranking #5, #8, #9, and #10.

Despite your attempted boycott.
Last edited by David Blaska on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby Mean Scenester » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:25 am

David Blaska wrote:On April 15, four different Blaska's Blogs rated among the ten most popular on TheDailyPage, ranking No. #1, #2, #5 and #6. Or on April 12, again four of the top 10, ranking #1, #6, #7, #8. Or on April 10 ranking #5, #8, #9, and #10.

Despite your attempted boycott.

When I choose not to eat a shit sandwich for lunch, it hardly ranks as a boycott.

Check your dictionary, "writer."

rabble
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby rabble » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:26 am

David Blaska wrote:It does, actually, although I don't think you would like what the real message.

On April 15, four different Blaska's Blogs rated among the ten most popular on TheDailyPage, ranking No. #1, #2, #5 and #6. Or on April 12, again four of the top 10, ranking #1, #6, #7, #8. Or on April 10 ranking #5, #8, #9, and #10.

Despite your attempted boycott.

To paraphrase Jon Stewart: "I didn't know that 'ratings' equaled 'credible.' Yes, your stuff has a solid core of followers. So does crack."

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 13862
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Blaska and Isthmus's credibility

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 am

Now, now. Don't burden someone with as much self-professed intelligence as Kurt with facts.


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest